How to stop automatically adding movie poster artwork to files??

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by videobruce, Aug 29, 2018.

1. videobruce

videobruce Member

It happens on VLC Player and the internal Home Theater, the system automatically hunts for and adds these annoying movie posters to every file no matter what the file is (movie, music, video clip);
    Specifically, videos from other sources that are NOT movies, including music videos.

Whomever designed this system, it's seriously broke. A video (a clip from a TV series) with the word "pregnant" was assigned a movie poster with that word in the title. Is there a 'global' 'off' setting to turn of the function?

Second, do any players have a option of just a 'list' of files (movies and/or videos) as it would appear in in a PC?
    IOW's I don't need to see a poster of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and a picture of 'Gort'. I know the movie. :rolleyes:

2. videobruce

videobruce Member

No solution here?

3. nnay07

nnay07 Member

The X10 comes with an internal file browser that allows you to navigate through directories and files as if it was a PC

4. videobruce

videobruce Member

But, it has happened a couple of times, when I opened some of these players (HT v2) and/or certain operations (sorry I don't remember the exact situation), I've had them start loading these bogus posters.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. nnay07

nnay07 Member

Indeed, at the last step, when you launch the file, a poster is loaded. But to get there you will have been browsing your file structure and you will not be mislead by a wrong poster.

6. videobruce

videobruce Member

But, they are still there cluttering this up. Features are nice when they;
    work and they can be turned off (disabled) when one doesn't want them. ;)

7. nnay07

nnay07 Member

With correct naming, I get 99,9% accuracy in the posters.

8. videobruce

videobruce Member

Re-read my OP, I'm NOT talking about "movies"!