How to remove a movie from a custom category?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by zakforsman, Sep 5, 2023.

1. zakforsman

zakforsman New Member

I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer. I've tried as many methods as I could think of and can't figure out how to do it. Imagine you accidentally added a movie to a custom category and want to remove it. How do you do that? I can't see an option for that after long-pressing on the movie and I'm starting to think there is no way to do it... but there must be. Any help?

Example: Say you accidentally added Casablanca to a custom category of Spielberg movies. How do you remove it?

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Highlight the movie in the category and press the Pop menu button on the remote. You will find an option to remove the movie from this category.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
  3. zakforsman

zakforsman New Member

You would think so, but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I highlight the movie in the category listing and bring up the pop menu, these are the options listed.

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 10.42.28 AM.png

4. zakforsman

zakforsman New Member

I learned something... if you have a movie categorized using "Widget 1" you get the delete option. But if you build the second row of categories using "Widget 2" you do not get an option to delete movies from said category.

5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You should have the same options on both. I guess Zidoo forgot something somewhere when they added the Widget 2 option in HT. This is weird. :confused:

Even if it's not the best solution, you could add your category to widget 1 temporarily, time to remove what you want.