How often do you have to reset your box.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Burick graham, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

I have 3 units and I have to reset them everyday. It's this normal?. Sometimes multiple times a day.

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I never had to reset mine, But maybe in your case since you have multiple unit it could be in the network. I do not blame your network but if for example they have same name it could be problematic. Try change name in network settings. Problem could come from name in openwrt if you use samba service in more than one, you could make change in openwrt settings. Also in your router I suggest assigning ip to mac address.

3. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Thanks for the reply. It's not the network. I tried all of them individually and they still freeze. They all are used as an NVR for cameras. As well as entertainment

4. Sarco

Yes but they maybe collide on network since they have the same name?

5. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

As mentioned even when I have one only online the box still freezes so it's not a network issue

6. Sarco

I am not familiar with NVR, if this is the only special use maybe it is the source, because mine do not need to be reset.

7. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Seems like Its a memory issue. After I reset it works for a while or if I reset every 12 hours I don't have an issue

8. Sarco

Your saving the nvr feed?

9. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Yes but I only save 1gb. Still memory left on storage but it maybe too much for the ram.

10. Sarco

You save on device memory?

11. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

12. Sarco

Could not find answer, but since problem well explain in post hope zidoo could answer.

13. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

never had to yet
    but i only play 4k content on it