How is Bluetooth (A2DP) output on z9x or the other RTD1619DR models?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Af8F, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Af8F

Af8F New Member

I'm considering getting a z9x for watching my UHDBD rips. I almost always watch with Bluetooth headphones (specifically Sony WH-1000XM2) but I haven't found much information about the Bluetooth audio support on the z9x, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it to share?

Specifically I'm wondering:

1) Is it reliable?
    2) Does the player appropriately account for Bluetooth latency by delaying the video for proper lipsync?
    3) Can playback be controlled using headset controls via AVRCP?
    3) Which Bluetooth audio codecs are supported?

Answers to any of those, or any other impressions are very welcome, of course!

2. muha

muha Active Member

I use bt few times at night, didn´t notice any problems. Usually DD and DD+ tracks just on few anime episodes. Didn´t try to control the unit :( Tomorrow I can try DolbyAtmos and HDDTS and controls.

3. Af8F

Af8F New Member

Oh thank you! I'd appreciate that if it's not too much trouble :)

I noticed in a review I just watched that there's an audio/video delay option in the settings so presumably I could just use that if latency doesn't work perfectly automatically.

4. muha

muha Active Member

No problem. I try to avoid using headphones, but sometimes late at night I have to use them. Tonight I am staying at my studio, will be working till tomorrow afternoon.

Af8F likes this.
  5. muha

muha Active Member

6. muha

muha Active Member

Commands only work with volume.

7. Af8F

Af8F New Member

Ah that's a shame. Thank you very much for testing. I've decided to buy the player anyway and will update this thread if I have any other Bluetooth findings.

8. muha

muha Active Member

I just recently bought Z10 Pro and so far it has been fulfilling my needs. Like with any other device there is space for improvement.