How do manually I create a collection?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by RX3, Jun 13, 2023.

1. RX3

RX3 New Member

I have Twin Peaks season 3 that Zidoo doesn't find in its' database, so most of them ended up in the unmatched folder. I can't figure out how to manually create a collection. Thanks in advance!

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

3. RX3

RX3 New Member

Thanks for your response. Yes I have all 3 seasons. Season 3 is the only one not matched. I have renamed it several different ways including how TVDB has it listed and it keeps saying there is no match. When I try to match it under "Twin Peaks", it finds season1, season2 and some other stuff. Everything but season3. Is there no way to manually create a collection? Then I can just add my own picture for the cover.

4. Netmask

I don't have Twin Peaks but the way I store my TV series is for example a main collection folder Star Trek Picard (2020) and within that Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 containing the files. HT creates the collection. I have also had a few where I simply put all the episodes in the one folder regardless of season other tan in the name of the file so Fleabag S01E06 followed by S02E01 etc. I do not use episode titles in the file names as these sometimes are the same as a movie title. Like this example

flea.JPG

The xml files are courtesy of tiny Media Manager

5. Netmask

Also in unmatched you can add to "collection" if a suitable title doesn't appear for the existing Season 1 and 2 just select New at the top and type in the name. Then add season 1 and 2 into your same created collection. Often HT will just do it.

6. RX3

RX3 New Member

You were right about the naming. I had them named "Twin Peaks The Return". I deleted all of the Season 3 files from my Zidoo. I then renamed them on my backup HDD to "Twin Peaks S3 Ep1" etc.. and reloaded them back to Zidoo. Zidoo now recognizes them. Thanks for your help!