How do I authorize my internal and external storage to third party video apps?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Max B, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Max B

Max B New Member

I’m new to media players, to Android and to Zidoo. After a rough couple of days I finally understood how to install Google Play Store on my Zidoo Z20 Pro
    Now I have downloaded a couple of third party video apps (VLC, MX-Player, Kodi etc) I need a third party video player for watching and organizing my extensive home family video library. The Zidoo Home Theater 4.0 is not a good fit for this.

But now when I want to watch the videos all the third party apps says that thet can’t reach the internal or external hard drives.
    Is there a way to authorize it for third party apps like VLC, MX-Player or Kodi?
    I really, really need some help!
    Many thanks for taking the time!

2. jeryll

jeryll New Member

Interesting ... it seems, that more than a one new Zidoo product (launched in 2023) is cursed (or f*cked up, if you please) the same way ... Zidoo did a "good job" this year on releasing unfinished products (don't get me wrong, HW is excellent, but it suffers on SW/FW side big time) ... so can't tell you, how to access internal or external HDD on Z20Pro as I don't have it, but I have Z9XPro (with the exact problem on accessing internal or external drives from 3rd party media player(s)) and here's what I did as workaround, install X-plore file manager, open it and find either /storage/sdcard, or /mnt/sdcard, any external drive will be listed as for example /storage/9E6f-****, open the folder, find the desired media file and launch it (it will open either with default X-plore internal media player, or if you use "open with", it will list available compatible media players installed, and you will choose what to use) - this may or may not be to your taste, but... hope it helps you.

edit: you can actually use built-in Zidoo Media Center for the same actions, choose "Open with" and use "Third-party APP", etc.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  3. Max B

Max B New Member

Thank you very much for this!
    I will try this out!

4. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Max B likes this.
  5. Max B

Max B New Member

Thank you so much!!! Finally I can reach my Drives! I really apprictae this!!!
    I downloaded Kodi from Google Play Store and that app didn’t work. So once again thank you for your help!

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  6. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

No problem. If you want to play a video file with the kodi player instead with the zidoo one,
    For example, to play an old divix avi, hold the ok button for a long time and select "play with"------"video player".
    But you only need it with old avi. Which the zidoo player does not support