How can X10 switch to 4K resolution?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Hansjal, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Hansjal

Hansjal New Member

Unfortunately I still couldn't get my X10 player play pictures in 4K resolution. I prepared a jpg picture with a raster of white and black rows at maximum resolution (image size 3940*2160). My bluray player plays it perfectly. My Zidoo X10 cannot, it only seems to play at 1920*1080. I tried all menus and settings, I don't know what I can be doing wrong. Has someone ever performed the same experiment and have success? Can someone help here?
    In itself is HD resolution quite okay, but I want to use it for 3D and my TV has a passive 3D system, reducing the vertical resolution. Therefore I want to start at full 4K resolution.

2. Stefan1963

Stefan1963 New Member

Hi Hansjal, I have exactly the same issue with my X9S. When I use the ZDMC player, it automatically switches to 4K but you have to make sure that your TV or projector is switched on first before you switch ON your X10. Try this, it might work, I don't know which media players SW you use. When I use Kodi 17.6, impossible to have it on 4K, the output remains 1920 * 1080. Projector is on, movie is 4K but output of the Kodi 17.6 does NOT switch to 4K. BTW, the Zidoo X9S output in settings is set to 3940 * 2160/60Hz.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Stefan

Hansjal likes this.
  3. Hansjal

Hansjal New Member

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you for your answer. No, I didn't pay attention sofar to the order in which I switched on my devices. I did it mostly at the same time, I assume. When switching the tv on first I can see now that the default media center plays an image sequence of a maximum resolution raster correctly at 4K. When I play a photo it cannot resolve the 4K resolution. The built-in ZDMC player cannot resolve the 4K at all, neither the image sequence nor the photo. Or is this caused by internal filtering or resizing (pixel interpolation stage) (although image is set to 100%). The installed Kodi 17.6 also does not play 4K and reports 1920*1080 as its screen resolution settings, despite the player being set to 4K.
    So for photos I still do not how to play 4K.

Regards Hansjal