How can I create a poster for self-created video in PosterWall?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by GundamNT01, Mar 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. GundamNT01

GundamNT01 New Member

Can I create a poster in PosterWall app for all my self-created videos that won't find a match in traditional video database like TMDB?

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

yes. I made one for a very old TV ep within a series for which nothing existed. I found an appropriate image on the Internet for the poster and a frame within the movie that I made a still from the backdrop, although it was blurry it worked well as the background. Popular Neurotics.jpg season3-fanart.jpg

3. GundamNT01

GundamNT01 New Member

Thanks a lot! Would you mind sharing the steps to make it?

4. Netmask

Image search via your favourite search engine
    Download suitable image.
    If none - play the movie in VLC or similar, when you find a suitable image, freeze frame and get a screen shot
    Using Photoshop or similar resize image if necessary to standard poster and backdrop size.
    Done!

5. GundamNT01

GundamNT01 New Member

Thanks, Netmask! Maybe I did not make my question clear. I do not have issue making the image for posters. In fact, I do have all the pictures in place already. What I failed to achieve is to register an entry in the Poster Wall app because I found that. Normally, when an entry is found on TMDB (or through manual rematch), the system will generate a NFO file with the association of respective poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. For the self-created video, I don't know who to ask the system to generate the NFO file for that video and without that NFO file, seems like the Poster Wall app will not show the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg even they do exist in the folder :(

May I know how make it? Thanks in advance for your help!!

6. Netmask

Basically you have to "roll your own" NFO file. Attached is a generic file just change the suffix from .txt to .nfo. You fill in the details between the > and < Just leave blank the items that don't apply. If you do a search in Google etc for NFO maker there are/were small utilities to do it for you. Just fill in the appropriate data entry boxes. As a guide and this is what I did to teach myself is print out an existing NFO file that structurally was close to mine.

Attached Files:

7. Netmask

PS. You may be able to do it in the Web based HT page, where you can edit most of the components http://zidoo IP address:9528/pc/

8. GundamNT01

GundamNT01 New Member

I did try putting your NFO template to the folder together with the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. I did a rescan and the video is still under unmatched and the poster cannot be reigistered in the app :( Not sure if any step I have missed.

9. Netmask

Where do you store your database?
    Try the web base HT then you can browse (choose file) to the file location of the poster.

webHT.JPG

10. GundamNT01

GundamNT01 New Member

I'm trying to create a poster for my self-created movies or very old movies that do not have entry in TMDB or other Database.

11. Netmask

What I mean by database I mean the database stored on your Zidoo. Is it in a custom location, or in each folder etc. It's in Preferences. On the Poster view there is a wheel symbol top right. Open and take a look. When you load a new movie, one that HT readily finds and downloads the poster and backdrops etc Long day for me off to bed now....