Home Theatre 3.0 backup

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by plouie10, Aug 26, 2020.

1. plouie10

plouie10 New Member

Hi
    Was wondering if there was a simple guide to backup my poster wall so when I receive my new Z9X I can just restore it.
    thanks

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

There is a backup and restore option in the settings of HT3. I used this when I moved from Z9S to Z9X. Worked fine.

xskip likes this.
  3. plouie10

plouie10 New Member

Thanks I was wondering more of a step by step guide as I'm pretty new to this.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

1. From main Z9S screen open up HT3
    2. Go into settings - the cog icon top right
    3. From left hand list select 'Library'
    4. On the right you will see the heading 'Backup & Reset'
    5. Select and click the box to the left of the label 'BACKUP'
    6. This will open a screen where you select the directory and path to create the backup. Select an external source that your Z9X can access later
    7. After selecting the drive and path it will take you back to Library screen. Click BACKUP. When backup is complete you will get a 'Backup Success' message displaying the backup path and name of backup file - has a .ztb extension

On your Z9X reverse the above but at step 5 select the box next to the 'RESTORE' label. Locate the .ztb file and click RESTORE.

Done!

5. plouie10

plouie10 New Member

Awesome! thank you for the instructions. Will this backup the posterwall as well?

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The backup doesn't include the images. It depends your settings where the .hometheater folder is located. You can copy the folder to e.g. a stick and copy it back to your new device.

7. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

With the backup option by default, you will always recover the posters and the background image previously choosen, even if you delete all of them in the hidden folders stocked on your Zidoo (there is an option to make them appear). After the backup restoration, they will be downoladed one more time from TMDb once you will select a movie from your wall.

I use to delete all the posters and the backgrounds from time to time to delete those previously downloaded from the first scan (or the wrong scan results) but edited by myself manually to get "better" pictures (or the correct images after a mismatch scan).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@Inikad plouie10 wants to move to Z9X, so he has to copy the .hometheater folder if he wants to recover it.

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Oh ok. The backup file will not recreate it? I have never tried to delete the folders, just the images inside.