Home Theater Soundtrack feature - file names

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Delfanboy, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

Hi all,

Could someone shed some light on how to properly name mp3, flac etc. to be able to autoplay sountracks for content? So far I had luck with one movie, which had pretty simple name (IT, lol), but I'd like to have theme song for my TV shows and series. For a multi-season show like Magnum, P.I. (1980), how would the name be? Even for Eureka, Eureka-soundtrack.mp3 didn't work. Do I have to name one for each season?

How would a very complex movie title like Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) be?

Thank you in advance!

2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

moviename-soundtrack.mp3
    moviename-theme.mp3

or put it in a folder where the movie is and just name it like:
    soundtrack.mp3
    theme.mp3

Delfanboy likes this.
  3. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

Thank you! Will try it out! This works for tv shows also right?

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Haven’t tested it. But it should be in the season folder and not in the series folder. At least that’s how it works for logos

Delfanboy likes this.
  5. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

Alright, thank you again!

6. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

It worked! Quite slow tbh, but it works. Thank you!

Sledgehamma likes this.
  7. BearOS

BearOS New Member

If I may ask, how did you get it to work? I used four different TV series with the options Sledgehamma suggests and none work. It is strange because a completely different TV series does play the theme music regardless of naming convention: theme.mp3 as well as Friends.theme.mp3 and Friends-theme.mp3; therefore, it seems naming is not the trigger.

I say this because I did not pull in the theme music for Friends. A little background on how I got here. I liked the Z10 so much that I bought a Z9X for a different room. In setting it up, the Friends theme music started playing as I was going through the poster wall in TV section. At some point in my HT days, I used Tiny Media Manager which must have added the theme music and I only now discovered it as it has never played on the Z10.

It is an interesting quandary to say the least. Upon adding themes to the master folders of each TV series, I scanned the TV source to ensure Z9X refreshed the source information. With no success, I toggled the Play Soundtrack switch with no change. That leaves me to believe the db should be scrubbed and reinstalled which may then trigger the theme like it did initially.

No big deal, either way. I was just wondering what you did to get yours to work.

Cheers.

8. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I got mine to work through tying them to an episode. See pic below.

[​IMG]

9. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Change this setting to make it start faster. It says trailer but it is actually applicable to soundtrack/theme as well.

[​IMG]

10. BearOS

BearOS New Member

ok, Angry, that fixed it. I labeled the file Band of Brothers.2001.soundtrack.mp3 which is in line with the episode naming convention all under the Season 1 folder. The theme plays when navigating to the Band of Brothers poster in Poster Wall and again on Season 1.

I suspect this is because the logic is built around the trailer trigger as you pointed out. Zidoo should consider making these separate triggers such that soundtrack/theme plays upon selection or navigation, followed by trailer. I think for TV, I prefer soundtrack over trailer. For movies, I prefer trailer over soundtrack. I know others have a robust setup with soundtracks and trailers, so not sure how that works for them given songs tend to go for 2-4 minutes and most trailers are 90-120 seconds.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I appreciate it.