Home Cinema feeling

Discussion in 'General Development' started by Nils Hitschke, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Nils Hitschke

Nils Hitschke New Member

Under Kodi there is the possibility with the Cinema Experience plugin to play an opening credits or pre-program with trailer, cinema trailer and Co. Is there a possibility that this will be integrated into HT4? Could something like this be developed for Zidoo? That would come much closer to the cinema feeling.

2. Jonas Hansen

Jonas Hansen New Member

+1! That would be an amazing feature. What made the Cinema Experience so great was, that it was not the same every time but was based on a combination of movie-information and and some randomness.

3. Mick83

Mick83 New Member

+1 would be amazing to have that

4. Daniel Sander

Daniel Sander New Member

I would find this feature very cool as well.

5. MikeHatton

MikeHatton New Member

Yep, this would be a great feature.
    I'm guessing for the developers it would be pretty easy to set up.
    Have an option in the settings which you toggle on/off, when set to 'on' when you play a movie it plays a sequence of locally stored video files like trailers, preroll etc before your movie.

andyt1000 likes this.
  6. Patrick Creary

Patrick Creary New Member

+1 just switched over from Zappiti and love Zidoo now but this feature is the only thing I've missed since the switch. all friends and family love to have movie night at my place because this give you the cinema feel. I had a folder of trailers from Dolby Atmos, DTS X, THX etc that played randomly. Amazing feature and don't think it would require too much programming