Help needed

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by dikonomi, Oct 5, 2017.

1. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

Hello, I just used for the first time my Zidoo H6 Pro, which is really fine, but I encountered this problem: I was watching an episode on Kodi and I pressed the Volume Down button in the remote of the TV (not the box remote, but TV, which is LG) and the video went fast forward at double speed. The same problem occurred when I played on Kodi a video from my USB. The problem occurred also when i turned off Bluetooth of the TV Box. It did not happen when I played video on the box's media player. Also, on Youtube, when I pushed the volume down on TV remote, the video did not go fast forward, but the signs of previous video, pause and next video appeared on the screen.
    I guess it must be some sort of intereference bluetooth and TV remote waves. How can I solve this?

2. Kris

Kris Member

kodi skips ahead 10 minutes when i press "enter" on my lg tv remote.

3. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

wow! Maybe it does it in mine too, havent tried it yet pressing enter. Any reason why and solution? Could a new TV remote solve this?

4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

My LG 65UH8500 remote has no effect on the H6 Pro running Kodi 16.1, what LG TV and Kodi version are you folks running?

I am not too thrill with finger swiping apps that tends to have elephant size icons on a 65" TV, too much page navigation on a non-touch screen TV, thats why I stay with Kodi 16 and older Zidoo launcher. Even if I have a touch screen, I would smack those who leaves smudges on my clear TV screen. :)

5. Kris

Kris Member

i'm using a lg 60LN6150 tv. pressing up on volume causes kodi to fast forward to

6. Kris

Kris Member

maybe zidoo can fix this

7. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

Hi Ayokoya. I don't remember the LG model right now, I use Kodi 17.4 but the problem occurred with Terrarium TV as well. Also, in Yotube, the video did not fast forward, but the signs showing previous track, next track and pause appeared on screen.

8. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

Well, I found a temporary solution in another forum, I asked one guy who had made a long and detailed review of H6 Pro. He said he didn't know why it happened, but since Zidoo uses IR as well, he suggested I cover the box, since the BT remote does not need to see the box in order to work. I simply put sth in front of the box and it worked! Hopefully Zidoo will fix this soon. Man, that BT remote is really fantastic!!! It works from other rooms, with walls between it and the box, I so like it.

9. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I also have a LG 50LA6970 TV, its remote, and the remote for the LG 65UH8500 have no effect on the H6 Pro playing Kodi 16.1, and Terrarium-TV. Just to be clear that I am running firmware 1.0.10 Beta. I like to add that the same X7 X8 & X9S remote can control the H6 Pro, but both the LG remotes has no effect on those boxes either.

Dikonomi, did you have to do anything to get bluetooth remote to work from the other room, how's your wifi connection? Also, are you able to power on the box after it has been put into standby?

I have to stand the H6 Pro on its side to have the top facing me in order for the Bluetooth remote and mouse to work from 12 ft away in a direct line of sight.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  10. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

After you asked, I tried to turn it on from the other room, didn't work, but it did turn it off. In the tv room it works perfectly from any angle. I have done nothing to the remote, also using normal batteries. Also, wi fi connection is nothing special, 10 mbs, but it works fine

11. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Thanks dikonomi, looks like you have a better H6 Pro bluetooth receiver than mine

12. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

Hmm, what are the chances for that? I dont think so, maybe you need to change the batteries. Hopefully the software upgrade will make things ok

13. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Well, the H6 Pro remote works better than my bluetooth Anywhere 2 mouse, but the same mouse works great when paired with X7. X8. X9S at 12 ft away. Battery for remote is fresh, and the mouse battery is topped off.

14. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

wow, all these Zidoo boxes. Do you collection them? :D

15. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

As an example. a trip to the beach is several hours away, getting too old for that. With that trip cost I can buy 2 to 3 boxes, evaluate and make recommendations to relatives and friends, give away the less capable boxes like those old RK3229 and 905x based. I keep some of those for home surveillance purpose.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  16. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

Problem solved, thanks to the new firmware version. Thank you guys!