Headphone Amp Request!

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by sane4sure, Feb 21, 2024.

1. sane4sure

sane4sure New Member

The current DMP-A6 and Z8 just need a wonderful, powerful headphone amp to complete the set.

I am currently using Topping A70 Pro but it would be nice to have a matching headphone amp (as long as the sound quality is up there with the best, of course!)

2. THXjay

THXjay Member

Totally agree :)

A good idea would be to have it be the same height as the A6 and the width to make it up to standard hi-fi width when placed next to the A6.

3. sane4sure

sane4sure New Member

Absolutely spot on - needs at least to be the same width as the A6 and Z8 and styled to match.

4. THXjay

THXjay Member

I was actually thinking of it being a small unit so when placed next to the A6 it would then be the same size as the A8.

To be honest, I'd be happy either way :)

5. THXjay

THXjay Member

How do you post images to this site?

Tried various things but keep getting an error message about content containing spam!
    Is it because I'm a new member. Do I need to post a certain amount of posts before I'm allowed to upload images?

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

probably yes.

7. THXjay

THXjay Member

OK, I'll wait and see

8. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Waiting will not change anything...

Post, Post, Post... ;)

9. THXjay

THXjay Member

I was wondering if there is already a A7 in the works. Adding a headphone out would be a cool addition.

10. THXjay

THXjay Member

I've had the A6 for several days now and am loving it. I'm using it with a Topping amp for the headphone out.
    It would be really nice to get a matching headphone amp. I would have got the Z8 but it's just too expensive for a headphone socket
    The Z6 wouldn't be too bad but it's only available in silver.

11. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I got SMSL SP 200 Headphone Amp before I got my DMP A6. Tried this with the balanced out to SP 200 and matches very good with Hifiman Edition XS.
    Alternative I have 6.3 mm Headphone out from my RME Adi 2 DAC FS. This sounds a little bit warmer, I would say.