HDMI Port Config for Neo Alpha?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Dan K, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Dan K

Dan K New Member

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a Neo Alpha for use as a media player in my home theatre. I use a Lumagen for video and a Denon AVR.

Would mainly plan to play UHD and Blu Ray rips in mkv from a NAS. May try BDMV (as I always keep a backup of the discs) but seems like menus are not super reliable so probably just easier to play the mkv files.

I also use Roon so would want to use it as a Roon music player.

For video I send Audio/Video to my Lumagen and then the Lumagen sends video to my projector and audio to my AVR. This works fine so would want to do the same for the Zidoo and would aim to have it in as close to source direct mode as is possible given the constraints of HDMI modes (seems like someone suggests 4:2:2 12 bit is the best for what I want).

What I wanted to check was whether I can configure Roon audio to go directly to my AVR via the audio only HDMI as I dont really want to have to turn on my Lumagen every time I want to play audio. It doesn't really matter if the Roon audio is sent out of both but I definitely want movie audio to still go to my Lumagen alongside the video.

How configurable are the options?

Ideally I would be able to say for video playback send everything out of the main HDMI and for Roon/audio only send out of the audio HDMI but wasn't sure if that was possible?

Also, am I mad for thinking of buying a Neo Alpha now when it is almost 2 years old? Are we expecting a new top of the range replacement in 2024? Any news/hints? Sounds like

Thanks

Dan