HDMI Passthrough

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by SKApretto71, Nov 16, 2016.

1. SKApretto71

SKApretto71 New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and very interested in X9S.

One key decision point is if I can have my Set Top Box connected to HDMI in and see it on my TV while the X9S is switched off, acting just as a passthrough. Once switched on, any source selected in X9X menus should then come out through the menu.

Once switched off, the Set Tob Box signals should back pass through.

Is it how it works? I have one single HDMI in my TV and I'd like not to need a splitter to connect both the Set Tob Box and the X9S to it, while keeping easy operations for the family (e.g. kids and grand mother) avoiding complex operations on X9S to see standard Set Top Box channels.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

No. x9s needs to be ON, "HDMIin" app needs to be also open,set to "picture in picture" full screen, to see what enters the HDMI in, on the TV.

P.S. it may also not work this way. x9s is HDMI compliant, I't can't display video input video that checks for HDMI compliant devices.

3. SKApretto71

SKApretto71 New Member

Thanks HaoSs.
    Some YouTune reviews (in Italian, sorry, but is found at ) reports that this is indeed possible, with X9S acting as the X9 as a "passive" device simply routing in HDMI to out HDMI when the device is off.

I assume they are wrong then.
    Unfortunately, this is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks!

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

wait for a official zidoo dev to tell you. but as far as i know. there is no option for that