HDMI IN - scheduled recording bugs

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by x9x, Nov 27, 2016.

1. x9x

x9x New Member

Hello,
    I confirmed other bugs in HDMI IN recording functions.

4. A scheduled recording after an hour in the future doesn't start. (Major)
    The scheduled recording works well within an hour only. X9S doesn't run scheduled recording when I reserve recording schedule starts after an hour.

For example, I add two schedules at 1:00 PM for 1:50 PM and 2:10 PM. (The duration is an minute.) In this case, X9S automatically start recording at 1:50 PM, but doesn't start recording at 2:10 PM. I would say that the point is length of time from added time to scheduled time.
    According to my actual test result, I set several schedules at 5 minutes intervals. The duration is an minute.

15:10~15:11 => Added all of the following schedules
    15:20 : recorded
    15:25 : recorded
    15:30 : recorded
    15:35 : recorded
    15:40 : recorded
    15:45 : recorded
    15:50 : recorded
    15:55 : recorded
    16:00 : recorded
    16:05 : Not recorded
    16:10 : Not recorded
    16:15 : Not recorded
    16:20 : Not recorded
    16:25 : Not recorded
    16:30 : Not recorded

It happens when real time goes which means that changing clock in control panel doesn't reproduce the bug. I would say that a task scheduler of an Android OS kernel is not working precisely or going to a sleep mode after an hour. Wake up!

5. An alert message for scheduled recording doesn't tend to pop up precisely. (Minor)
    An alert popup message should be appeared before 30 seconds, but it seldom shows the message before under 3 seconds. It's not a significant deal, but I would say that imprecise task scheduler of an Android kernel may cause both 4th and 5th bugs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Kurt

Kurt Member

I have noticed some schedules also not record..
    They really must add a repeat function so you can record every day at X time, for example...

3. x9x

x9x New Member

4. Kurt

Kurt Member

yes... I hope so..
    I just tried one of his later beta's and it didnt work.. just a black screen.
    I cant remember though if with the X9 I needed to install a different recorder (HDMI in) app...

I emailed him but still have not heard anything back yet about the x9s

5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

An aswer from Zidoo is welcome.

Else, may be Tasker could help you, even not the perfect solution?
    Seems able to automate anything!

6. Kurt

Kurt Member

Do you know of a particular app that may work?
    I guess it would need to somehow be able to change the recording time as well..
    Or, maybe not... I am not sure if the 'auto' setting on HDMI In means that it always stays
    in (on) recording mode...
    If thats the case, then maybe the task app can also stop the recording..?

thanks
    Kurt

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Kurt ,if you are asking me, I don't know, is a very powerful automation program, but maybe you must simulate clicking and typing, and is absolutely not easy.
    I bought it at a very low price during a sale, used only twice following an example with a lot of effort, and nou I'm still not able to realy use it.
    But "necessity is the mother of invention" ;)

8. x9x

x9x New Member

Tested, and the HDMI IN app doesn't support the Tasker. It means that I need to find other way to press record button. I don't like the Tasker because of high learning curve.

I purchased the X9 because it will be faster to solve these problems. At least the X9 has an alternative app. :)