Hdmi in problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by ahmedsamir, Jul 27, 2017.

1. ahmedsamir

ahmedsamir New Member

Hi everyone
    I have a problem with recording from anther reciever
    I want to use hdmi in. Function in Zidoo x9s. But alwayes saying can't recording copy right or somthing like this
    Please help
    I want to record from free tv channel from another open satellite reciever

2. n_p

n_p Active Member

How about instead of asking other people, you actually read what the text box says (copy right or something)?

No?

Ah, got to love the millennials lifestyle... (Help me read a text box !111!!!21111! - Send (Ok, maybe I have read it, but playing dumb will help me solve my issue on the internet! #sellingoutisthenewkeepingitreal))

Here is your technical explanation. The input device decides on wether it protects the HDMI signal using HDCP (which is DRM). It does so depending on flags (flags are software "switches") in the box and/or content. Every AV device must do that according to the standard.

In earlier firmwares for the X9S (up to 1.3.0) someone in this forum posted a hacked apk of the HDMI IN app that actually would allow you to record anyways - in newer firmwares, this doesnt work anymore (as of now).

The way around it is to BUY a HDMI splitter that strips HDCP (copy right or something), because AMAZON (or aliexpress, or dx, or gearbest, or...) actually like to sell you those as DRM breaking solutions, even though its against the law, but to them its profit, so they dont care the least. They also dont get sued, because they are AMAZON - and copyright lawyers like to pick smaller targets to extrude money from. Funny how that works.

Long story short - you need to read the Amazon "reviews" of some HDMI splitters to find out if they strip HCDP, then buy one of them that does to break copy protection, then recording works.

I see you wanting to ask for a link, where you just have to click the buy button. Not happening. Even millenials have to do some work (reading...) from time to time...

If you dont know what DRM is. Google it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    jma64 and gamin like this.