HDMI In passthrough not working (v1.2.7)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by unrealdude24, Dec 20, 2016.

1. unrealdude24

unrealdude24 New Member

When using HDMI In, only 2.0 audio is passed through to my receiver. I know my receiver will pick up the proper DTS/Dolby/etc if playing from a file but it will not pass through the HDMI in to HDMI out.

I've experimented with the settings and still the x9s will only output 2.0 even when the device going into HDMI In has 5.1 audio.

HDMI out is set to raw. When I set HDMI Rx Audio Format to raw, no audio is sent to the receiver from HDMI in so I am forced to leave the Rx Audio Format to PCM. Even in this case, 5.1 PCM is not sent to receiver.

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Have you try installing hdmi in hack? HDCP will not permit audio passthrough but if hack from apk or HDCP ripper it should work.

3. unrealdude24

unrealdude24 New Member

Yep I tried the HDMI In hack. Same results. Although I am able to set up a multicast stream now which is nice. I have a old Sony Android TV NSZ-GS7 which also has an HDMI in can passthrough the audio to HDMI out no problem without any sort of hack so I don't think its a HDCP issue. I was hoping the X9S would replace my sony android tv box since its never updated and the play store stopped working on it.