HDMI In Pass-through/Switch Use? Display Clock Permanently?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mijacmad, Aug 27, 2017.

1. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

1. Anybody know if it is possible in settings to use the hdmi in as a passthrough/switch for say a blu-ray player as screen record isn't of much use to me, an extra socket to plug things in is if I don't have to use a separate hdmi switch???

2. Any way to have the clock display on permenantly??

Thanks in advance

2. n_p

n_p Active Member

ad 1: Take some time, figure it out yourself.

To lurkers: Its possible, but its more "fiddeling" than you will keep up with in the long run.

ad 2: Use literally any other player than ZDMC. Kodi, SPMC, FTMC, VLC, MXPlayer, ...

3. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Well you're one helpful person, obviously one of those that sits unwashed in a basement all day.

So if anyone has a useful answer it would be much appreciated, just purchased & literature is not the best.

Martyprod likes this.
  4. n_p

n_p Active Member

Ah, you got to love a Millenial thats needy and insulting, if they cant get someone to read the manual out loud for them.

Just wait for the next unwashed basement dweller then, because thats obviously all that people answering your questions on the internet are to you.

Good luck.

Oh, and I'm so happy I didnt give you what you were looking for, just straight out.

Never show any effort to find things out on your own. You are too special, not to get the personal support treatment each time you cry out for it.

(The way to passthrough a signal that comes in over the HDMI in is easy and self-explanatory, thats why we are playing this game in the first place. No logic required, just trying out different on screen symbols in the HDMI in app - or in the "software navigation buttons overlay" - which is available system wide.)

PS: When you start to explain to random people on the internet, and not just friends and family members, which part of the screen to click on, and you do it for free, and only because you "love" a product, you must be the sadest person in the world. I've always had that reflex in me never to sink that low.

This has nothing to do with an information economy (one person knows this, the other person knows that - and sharing benefits everyone), this is just requesting a service, so you dont have to solve your own issues. People do it in a "community" - because, typing a question in your phone is so easy. They dont participate in any way, they just want their problem solved - and if they could get personalized help over twitter or a message service, they would do that.

Thats why facebook embraced the "talk to the bot, the face is not listening" culture a while back, and thats why most modern customer support has you talking to a machine before ever reaching a human. Whose job it is to "help you navigate the world".

You aren't entitled to an answer, from non support personal, just because you bought a product.

And the best way to drive people out of communities is to exploit their willingness to help on a regular basis. The "thanks and then he never was to be seen again" thing never feels not depressing for the person who was farmed to help a stranger with his issue.

The day the first normal (as in IQ average) person discovered, that they could just exploit goodwill on the internet, and routinely get away with it, was the day I learned how to curse in written form.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  5. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

You assume far too much and as for millennial I'm older than you twat, you sound in need of serious help.
    If you can get that offended by someone asking on a message board for assistance (because they want to set-up quick for a change) you need to get a life either that or keep up your meds because not taking them is obviously not working for you.
    I've got 2 x nvidia shield's but thought I'd give this a go instead of another mede8er or dune I only want it for the 3d capability, but then you don't even stop to ask just insult. Spose cheap gets you cheap people on the boards, hardly want to stick around here if the average poster is as rude as you.

I seriously dont understand your rant, I purchased, I registered what am i supposed to do put out the bunting for my arrival?

I was helping people with tech on the internet when u were still popping your zits at school so calm down and stop acting like a drama queen and get over yourself.

6. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

See you even jump the gun here. I want pass-through so I don't have to even start the Zidoo not to use the hdmi in app. So I can use a uhd-bd player through the hdmi in when Zidoo is in standby mode without the need of using an external hdmi switch. You should start asking questions yourself instead of assumptions.