Hdd drive showing as USB.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Drummerboy1962, Mar 24, 2022.

1. My WD 10tb hdd shows as a USB.I have it installed internally and formatted correctly. Why on earth would it not show as storage with a hdd logo after all it is installed on one of the internal hdd bays built into the Zidoo. The only time I use a USB or a drive connected by USB is when I transfer movies onto that hdd drive from the USB or backup drive. Also when viewing 16x9 content it auto changes to 4.3 format.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I think that is "normal" my 2 internal hdd's are shown as USB drives! I have 2 x 10TB Reds. The only drive that relates to "storage" is part of the 32GB eMMC

However on the PC end they appear as mapped drives as per this truncated image

Attached Files:

Drummerboy1962 likes this.
  3. Yea I was thinking the same. I read somewhere else that another Zidoo owner asked the same question just can’t remember where I read it so I thought I would ask again. Any ideas why my standard dvds are reverting to 4.3 aspect ratio from 16x9? This should not be happening. I failed to see how I can not watch a copied dvd(iso) in its native format. All 4k copied discs being iso play fine. Does this happen to anyone else.

4. Netmask

I don't have many ISO files the majority MKV of main movie only. But maybe the ISO's of DVD's could have been mastered as 16:9 image with in a 4:3 "canvas" on the DVD. Especially if they are older titles. If they are anamorphic encodes then they should be 16:9, you probably know all of this but anyway this site is quite good.
    http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/special/caveat_emptor.htm

5. Ok thanks mate I will do some more research.

6. I solved the problem by going into the OSD menu on remote(which I never knew existed) and selected 16:9 while the show was playing. Maybe have to do this every time I watch certain ISO’s.

7. Netmask

A permanent fix is to edit the IFO file of the ISO’s that are giving a problem. The program is IFOEdit. I think from memory you have to tick the boxes pan and scan along with 16:9. Had to do this decades ago for the old Topfield PVR’s But I’m not sure why the. Zidoo would read and follow the IFO file?

I’ll try and find copies of my instructions for IFOEdit I sent to a friend with the same problem with his Topfield…..20 years ago . Maybe if you could extract from the ISO file the IFO file and upload it. You may have to change the suffix from .IFO to .txt for this site…

http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/42_1.html

IFOEditChanges needed.JPG

Of course change the resolution button as well!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  8. I remember the Topfield PVR’s. Wow that’s going back some years now. Thanks

9. boolian

boolian Member

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s connected internally with a USB to SATA adapter