HD Audio Outside of ZDMC or Internal Player

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by FlipMode009, Sep 30, 2017.

1. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

I am wondering if Zidoo is ever going to implement proper audio API so that other external apps can use this box's HD Audio skills. For example, the Plex app is so messed up on this player because of their API hacked version it can not even play audio decoded or in PCM half the time. You can choose android player, then those ones that didn't play audio do, but not HD, then the ones that worked before don't play audio on the internal player. This is 100% the API of this box, not Plex. I have worked with Plex since the day it was conceived. Nvidia Shield has no issue, other Android boxes also have no issue anymore either. So basically I want an answer from an actual Zidoo tech, not a forum tester. This box was advertised that it supports HD Audio pass-through on Android, not on their exclusive app! I am starting to loose faith in Zidoo

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

official story is: YES, but they are waiting for realtek for the implementation,

3. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Ok if they are waiting for realtek, I feel better about Zidoo as a brand, I was not sure who to point a finger at, because many of us have been burnt by things like this before by other brands (VidOn cough). I was also looking at the x20 so if this gets sorted out, I will be adding on for sure :). Thanks for the reply

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sad part is there is no news from realtek on this, i hope they finish this year...