Has the 4:3 aspect ratio issue been fixed for the x10?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by ursiel, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Display Aspect Ratio (DAR) and Storage Aspect Ratio (SAR) are handled correctly on the new Zidoos after a recent firmware fix, so anamorphic DVDs play 16:9 and 4:3 ones play 4:3.

Has this issue also been fixed for the x10? This affects DVD playback and also mkv files and other formats with a 4:3 standard definition aspect ratio. Everything is either stretched or squished depending on if it's PAL or NTSC, and the aspect ratio menu doesn't help since it's still stretched or squished no matter what aspect ratio you select.

videobruce likes this.
  2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Why do you double post your question? Why don't you install the latest fw for X10 and try it yourself and post the result.

3. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I double-posted because with all the SPAM I wasn't sure if my original post would be seen in the other area I posted.

I don't want to be a guinea pig and install the update if it doesn't fix anything I currently have a problem with. Right now it's working for me, other than the ongoing 4:3 issue. I don't want to bother installing an update for no reason.

What's the point of this forum if I can't ask a question and hope to get an answer from somebody who has tried it?

videobruce likes this.
  4. videobruce

videobruce Member

Must be the the 'double post' police.

How do you know he didn't install the latest update i the 1st place??

ursiel likes this.