Harmony Hub Database

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by kparkin, Jun 4, 2023.

1. glc650

glc650 Member

@Burki This won't work. This describes how to add IR codes to an existing device. No device for the A6 (or even manufacturer for that matter) even exists in the Harmony database.

2. Burki

Burki Member

For me I've no problem, because I've a Philips Pronto Pro (also some Harmonies) and can add the Hexcodes to it and if I want) learn then the Harmony.
    But otherwise ask the Logitech support (it should still available) to add the codes to there database.

3. kparkin

kparkin New Member

@Burki Thanks for the Pronto codes. I have been in contact and sent them to Logitech Support to hopefully get the A6 added to the database.

Bkido and glc650 like this.
  4. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

I've just send the IR codes to Sofabaton. Perhaps they could add them to their database. The technical service is good.

I will inform here if the add it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  5. kparkin

kparkin New Member

I have been informed that the codes have been added to the device queue. So just a matter of waiting.

glc650 likes this.
  6. glc650

glc650 Member

Is this for the hub based remotes or older non-hub based ones?

7. kparkin

kparkin New Member

I have a hub, but I really don't know what the compatibility will be for other models. I assume that the coding is the same as they specified the code would need to be Pronto hex.

8. glc650

glc650 Member

I've only ever had the hub based remotes but I suspect the other remotes are a different database/update process for Logitech since the setup software is completely different.

9. kparkin

kparkin New Member

In that case it needs input from someone else, Zidoo maybe.

10. glc650

glc650 Member

Yea, I don't know the process for sure so I can only speculate on it but whenever I needed a device added I've always just gone to the manufacturer. I'm sure Eversolo knows what to do/can figure it out easily enough because Zidoo is already in the database. I'm kind of surprised Eversolo and its DACs aren't already in the database.

11. kparkin

kparkin New Member

Had a response from Logitech.

The request to add your device Manufacturer: EVERSOLO Model: DMP-A6 has been forwarded to our team and working on it as of now. We'll provide an update about the complete though we can't provide a specific time frame. We hope you understand.

12. wcseow

wcseow Member

I just did a search on my Harmony hub and Eversolo brand is there already. Add a DMP-A6 device successfully.

Power On Off works.
    Info button works.

The rest are haywire. Press Source it goes Bluetooth input. Menu blanks out screen.

Lol...I guess is already grateful that Power On works.

13. kparkin

kparkin New Member

That's great. It must have been added today.
    I'll check it out later, the codes I sent, were the ones posted earlier, so they should work.

14. glc650

glc650 Member

From the app or on the actual remote?

15. kparkin

kparkin New Member

From what I can tell, it all seems to work.
    Info switches between main app screen, now playing, meters windowed and full screen and back again.
    Source switches through the various inputs.
    Menu goes from now playing to a blank screen.

Controls work as they should

16. glc650

glc650 Member

No direct switching of sources on the devices page on the app?

17. kparkin

kparkin New Member

I haven't tried it physically, but the input designation flashes up on the screen. I definitely selects the internal player.

18. wcseow

wcseow Member

From Harmony app

19. wcseow

wcseow Member

Mmm...I will try again tomorrow in case there are some updates.
    I am using the hub. It is being picked up as Eversolo Amp right?

20. kparkin

kparkin New Member

Works with app and remote.
    I had to assign a button for source.
    Personally apart from the on off, I'm not sure how useful this will be, as I will mainly be using a tablet for music control.