H6 Pro USB Audio input and C-Media HS 100B Chip support

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by swwags, Dec 4, 2017.

1. swwags

swwags New Member

Does anyone know if the H6 Pro supports audio input via USB? I'm told by this who sell USB microphones that the H6 Pro must be compatible with C-Media HS 100B Chip .

Can anyone help? Are there alternatives to USB mic? For example, does the A/V 3.5mm jack support both headphones and mic using a splitter?

I posed the question to Zidoo support but no reply.

2. mitchell4you

mitchell4you Member

well..
    I got this USB DAC free with sale ( the sell for a few bucks )
    I know..that audio out works.. but cannot test audio in as I have no microfone

I think.. you should look at BT solution
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    swwags likes this.
  3. swwags

swwags New Member

Thank you mitchell4you, I'm looking at something that is almost the same but has the mic. The manufacturer of the device I'm looking at said they can't say if it will work unless the media chip listed above is installed. I've asked Zidoo but they haven't replied so I was hoping to find users who have tried a mic.

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It should be a drive free and standard USB device. And a test needed.

5. swwags

swwags New Member

Thanks. I never got an answer from Zidoo, so I followed "mitchell4you's" lead. I bought two external USB sound cards.

This one, didn't work with the Zidoo (not to say it wouldn't work on other boxes:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BMG9TB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one did work:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XP5R449/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought a cheap mic to test them both. I'm installing the Zidoo in my car as I've done in the past to display gauges that my car doesn't have, Weather reports, google maps (as my map DVD is no longer made on my 11 year old car and the last version is from 2012), and finally, some playlists. I'm adding touch control for the android view, large widgets so I don't have to take my eyes off the road and also voice command apps. Finally, I'm tying into my steering wheel voice/ volume controller. Basically, a customized version of Android Auto. I'm almost done. I'll stick with OEM screen for phone because my carrier doesn't allow tethering. A touch of a button brings me back and forth between screens.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

That is awesome!

swwags likes this.
  7. swwags

swwags New Member

Just a follow up. Zidoo tech support finally responded to my question sent on December 3rd of 2017 - Here is their answer:

Hi
    please use the USB Mic in, the av port could not support MIC in.
    the main chip of zidoo H6 pro is allwinner H6 chipset.
    thanks!

So now we know officially:)