garbled text display in the music library

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Ya_Squall, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Ya_Squall

Ya_Squall New Member

When manually created a music library by scanning my local music resources stored on a Synology DS920+ NAS, I got garbled text when displaying the titles of some of the albums. I wonder if this is because of lacking certain fonts, and can I solve the issue by installing the fonts?

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It could be the files were tagged with some specific codepage instead of UTF8...? Android does not (and that's a good thing) honor the Windows default codepages for region, like 437, or 812 etc. etc. so sometimes the text encoded with them get displayed as garbage.
    You could try to check just one album, edit its metadata with a serious tool, like mp3tag or kid3 and be sure the metadata is saved in UTF8 / UTF16.
    I had once this problem with WMP and even iTunes managed to mess up all the tags... now I do the tagging manually using kid3.

HTH

3. Ya_Squall

Ya_Squall New Member

Thanks. Btw, have you ever encountered interruption problem while playing DSD tracks using DoP? I am connecting my A6 to an external USB DAC and having experienced intermitant stops quite often. The A6 panel gives no error but the DAC seems having trouble receiving the music.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

No, I haven't, but then you need to check:
    1. do you encounter interruptions also when using the internal DAC?
    2. does the external DAC support the DSD sampling rate? (e.g. 64 / 256 / 512)?
    It could also be a buffering problem, or a network problem (depending if you are streaming or not), but for the buffers I have no idea where they can be manipulated.