Gaming + emulators + Wii play record

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by bakibandi, Oct 9, 2016.

1. bakibandi

bakibandi New Member

Dear Zidoo forum,

I am considering to buy your tv box Zidoo X9S. I find the features really great (router firmware, NAS, torrent client, SATA port,HDMI in, 3D movies, configurable remote control+app, great video playback support ect...), but I have some concerns.

I watched and read lot of reviews (German, English), but they skipped some part I am really interested: GAMING.

I have a 24" full HD LG monitor without built in speakers. To be clear: this is not a smart TV. Just a PC monitor (without a PC).
    I want to hook up the tv box, I want to turn it into 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz resolution (just full HD; not 2K/4K yet - maybe later with new bought smart TV/monitor), and I want to play some games.

I have an USB to Wii Classic controller adapter (Mayflower), which works with PC and Android tablet (I use a 3rd party app). But I also want to purchase 8bitdo SNES bluetooth controller.
    I have external speakers, 1 creative 2.0 bluetooth + line in speaker, and 1 Logitech 5.1 home theater with optical connection (with dolby digital, dts support).

I want to connect these (monitor, speaker, tvbox) and want to be able to surf on internet with full HD resolution, and I want to play some games.

I would like to confirm if those games are supported in your TV box?

-Playstation 1 / PSX emulator (ePSXe emulator from Google Play): games like Alundra, Final Fantasy, Legend of Mana, classic RPG's...
    -Sega Saturn emulator from Google Play: The Legend of Oasis (Story of Thor 2)
    -Classic RPG games: Destinia, Zenonia (4,5), Kairosoft games ect.
    -Square-Enix games: Final Fantasy series (3,4,5,6...), Chrono Trigger, Adventures Of Mana, Dragon Quest series (1-6)
    -Electronic Arts games: FIFA 2016, 2017... Need for Speed
    -GTA series:Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars
    -Gameloft games: Gangstar Vegas, Gangstar Rio, Asphalt 8, Amazing Spiderman
    -SEGA games: Sonic games

Please confirm the game play experience.

I read the new Realtek CPU is 1.4 Ghz which is not that great (compared to Amlogic S912 CPU which is up to 2 Ghz), and the GPU is not that strong either (T820 mp3 = Mali 450).
    I mean like such comments: "Gaming is definitely the Zidoo X9’s weakest point. Angry Birds played really nicely, with everything smooth and no noticable lag or hitches in the frame rate. 3D performance wasn’t particularly amazing. On maximum settings, Beach Buggy Racing was playable but not exactly enjoyable. With some tweaks to the graphical settings however, I was able to get it to a good state."

I do not want to have Nvidia Shield quality game experience, but I would like to play those games in HD resolution (not 2K or 4K), I do not want to have lags and slowdowns like an outdated PC where you need to wait 1-2 sec because the game freezes.

I just want to play those games smooth and enjoyable in full HD.

If there are some frame skipping unnoticed, it is fine. I still play Nintendo DS / 3DS games, so HQ visuals (best graphic, like PS4/ PS4 Pro) are not that important to me.

Some other questions:

1) if I use HDMI IN port with my Nintendo WII console (i have a HDMI adapter), can I play on the tvbox and record my play? Will this work? 720p + stereo audio recording would be fine for me.
    Or can I just play in a customized screen (PiP) without recording the play?

2) Bluetooth: does it have AptX codec? It is for better sound quality.

Thank you for you answers and support in advance.

Best regards,
    bakibandi

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Buy Nvidia Shield...

3. blazer

blazer Member

If primary use is for gaming then yes, the Shield is the way to go.

It can't record though as it has no HDMI in.

Talking to somebody that does have an X9S though, yes you can record from pretty much any source without an adapter because they have told me that it does bypass HDCP protection.

4. bakibandi

bakibandi New Member

No. I do not need a dedicated gaming platform.

I just want to replace my laptop crappy 1366 x 768 screen resolution to FULL HD 1920x1080 resolution.
    I want to use the tvbox as a laptop. Mostly, I want to surf internet (browser), read messages (gmail and facebook messenger), play music from HDD, play my series, anime, movies from HDD, sometimes I would watch even kodi, but online stream does not interest me that much at all. I want to use torrents, utorrent for android or transmission, and sometimes, I want to play games, OCCASIONALLY.

I will not always play games, but when I am in the mood to play, I want to be able to play those games I mentioned in my first post.

That is why I need to know, what is the game performance with THIS BOX (Zidoo X9S) on those games.
    Can you provide me some information about that?

I am sure somebody did play one of those games if not more.
    I just want to check if I can play those games or not with this box, and I am also curious what are your impressions (game play performance, level of satisfaction, pros and cons with gaming on this box, or whatever comments you have regarding of games on this box in general).

Thank you. Regards, bakibandi

5. badbadbad

badbadbad New Member

Just to add to his gaming question, will the Moonlight app gamestream flawlessly here? I mean, part of it is the actual router an all, so I hope the latency (if any) is remarkably reduced. Thanks!

6. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

This box is not built for gaming and therefore performance cannot be guaranteed. This is a great media player for playing local content but anything else outside of that sucks.