fw 1.4.8: Bug with subtitles encoding?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Kyprianos A., Aug 10, 2017.

1. Kyprianos A.

Kyprianos A. New Member

Hello all,

I would like to report a problem with subtitles encoding with f/w 1.4.8.
    It has to do with the encoding setting for the greek subtitles. When you want to change the encoding to Windows 1253 on the fly it does not work and the subtitles display as garbage.
    With the previous fw 1.4.6. the subtitles where parsed on the fly and converted to Windows 1253 with no problem. Can you please investigate, thanks!

2. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can you send your subtitle file to me?
    thanks

3. Kyprianos A.

Kyprianos A. New Member

Here's one that displays as garbage after parsed to Windows 1253 encoding on the fly.

But this happens always when parsing .srt files to Windows 1253 encoding.

Thanks.

PS

Also, may I ask when watching movies with the zidoo player (not kodi) how it is possible to view the info screen (with the progress bar etc.) without pausing the movie? Thanks again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  4. bob

hi,

The test.srt is UTF-8,not 1253.

upload_2017-8-10_21-8-7.png

upload_2017-8-10_21-15-7.png

upload_2017-8-10_21-15-23.png

If you just want to see the video information, you can press the right button and the video will not pause.

thanks

5. Kyprianos A.

Kyprianos A. New Member

Dear Bob,

Thanks for your quick reply.

About the right button which shows the info window, I will try it and let you know.

About the subtitle encoding. The .srt file I sent was meant to be in utf-8 format in order to parse to Windows 1253 with the subtitle option menu.

Here's what I am doing. I choose subtitle options the go to encode tab as your attached pictures show.

Scroll down to Greek and select Windows 1253. In previous fw 1.4.6. I got message that .srt was parsed succesfully and subs displayed ok.

Now I am getting garbage subtitles, please see attached picture.

Attached Files:

6. No ota update here in Brazil

Firmware v1.4.6 and very good but worth it stopped working my USB 3.0.

In 1.4.4 the usb 3.0 read my wd but after this update only usb 2.0 works.

I hope they solve this, and another thing my ZDMC 17.1 this freezes the image in the middle of the film, and need to restart it goes well.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

backup library , remove zdmc 17.1, install zdmc 17.3, import back library, redoo any settings you want and try again...

8. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Why use Windows 1253? Use UTF-8 subs and UTF-8 encoding on the x9s. This is the desired option in most media players these days.

9. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

I'm just wonder and would like view info screen without pause the movie so the suggestion from Tech Team is to press right button on the remote to view it without pause but I'm using X10 and the right button on X10 remote is the forward seeking, have another way to do it ?

10. Kyprianos A.

Kyprianos A. New Member

Regarding the subtitles. Thanks Nikos I will try the utf-8 setting, I didnt know it works better than 1253. Maybe my mistake on this one.

Regarding displaying the info screen when playing a movie. I dont understand whats the "right" button. The only way I know of bringing up the info screen with the progress bar is pressing the middle center button but this pauses the movie.

If there is a way to bring up the info without pausing pls let me know. Thanks once more for your kind help.

11. Where do I locate the ZDMC 17.3 to download

12. bob

13. bob

Yes, the first time you press the right button to display the video information, press the right again, will seek the video. OK button is designed to pause the video.

thanks

14. bob

Each subtitle file is fixed, not necessarily compatible.
    So not all of the subtitle text encoding are 1295.
    I suggest you choose to automatically encode.
    For example, you send me a subtitle file, when the choice of 1295, as follows:

the subtitles display as garbage.

thanks

upload_2017-8-15_10-40-33.png

15. Kyprianos A.

Kyprianos A. New Member

Dear Bob,

Thanks for your answers to my questions once more.

I am pressing the right button and nothing happens. Can you identify the right button on the X9S remote, maybe with a picture showing which button you mean?

As far as I am aware, right button does nothing, OK button displays info screen with time bar but pauses the movie.

About the subtitle encoding you obviously mean Windows 1253 and not 1295? So you mean the subtitles are already set and cannot be converted? So why this used to work with the previous f/w 1.4.6?

This is what it shows like (garbage as your screenshot) when viewing the movie and select to convert to 1253. However it used to work with 1.4.6.

Also may I ask the program you show for subtitles which one is it and where I can download from?

Thanks once more.

A note to other fellow forum members. If you need to ask your own question, please open your own thread and do not "bomb" other peoples' thread!! Thanks!!

16. bob

right button :
    upload_2017-8-15_19-59-52.png

display video info and not pause video
    upload_2017-8-15_20-3-53.png

Also may I ask the program you show for subtitles which one is it and where I can download from?

This subtitle file is what you sent to me.
    Look:
    upload_2017-8-15_20-5-52.png

thanks

17. Kyprianos A.

Kyprianos A. New Member

Dear Bob,

Thanks once more for your quick reply. Everything ok now with the right button I was pressing the outer circle and as a result the menu or home button.

About the subtitles I mean which is the program you show in the screeenshot which has the menu with the encoding options.

It is still not clear to me why the previous version could parse the subtitles on the fly and the latest cannot. I dont think it has to do with the subtitles, it worked with all .srt subtitles. I will keep investigating and get back.

Thanks again for your kind help and support.

18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

bob, I think that will be a nice thing adding into a FAQ an explanation like that

• pressing shortly "right" once display video info
    • to do a single short "skip forward" we must press "right" twice
    • to do some more skips we must count
      "skips wanted" + 1
      and do that
    ... of course this is valid using native Zidoo player...

What do you think about?
    Missing something? Some more nice features hidden somewhere?

(P.S. maybe is well explained somewhere else, but following all posts on Zidoo forums is a pain! )

19. bob

Yes,
    Good idea
    we will improve these problems next.
    thanks

20. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

Dear @bob

Could you please add function Press "right" once display video info that not pause on the remote of X10 ?

thanks