Future hardware codec gap support in software?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ayokoya, May 17, 2017.

1. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I have quite a large number of old video files in DIVX format that is not supported by RTD1295 hardware decode, therefore, the player will not play those files. Most of the videos are 720x416 which should not tax the CPU much, is it possible to add software decode support so that the robust Zidoo player can play all my videos files without the 2nd Android player to play what the Zidoo cannot play?

I am sure there are other formats out there the X9S do not support in hardware, please chime in to let Zidoo support know.

Thanks

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

try mx video player.SW decoding works fine for those old divx movies

3. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Thanks HaoSs!!

Unfortunately, I just love the Zidoo media player and it is my default player, which I have grown accustomed to one click and play, have not dealt with the annoying prompt to select which player to use since I owned the X9S. The work around for MX player is to start the MX app and play from there which only works with local storage, HDD, etc, but not over the network files. The other annoying thing with MX over the local storage is that it flattens the entire hierarchy into individual folder container in the play list. One can imagine how dreadful it is to scroll tens of 1000s of folders on a humongous drive. So I will stay with the complimentary Android box option until Zidoo decides to software support old movies.

You guys know what you are doing and got spot on on how a home media play should work, don't fix anything that is not broken, as Dr McCoy always say.

Last edited: May 19, 2017