full of bugs

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by wash, Nov 23, 2015.

1. wash

wash New Member

Hallo, i've found many bug, here they are:

pip doesn't work during hdmi in
    if i press "record" during hdmi in i get a message to put 1080 because it's better (thanks, but i have hd ready and i don't need 1080, i have 1366 x 768) and the sound disappear, EVEN in the recording file
    pip doesn't work half of the time (outside hdmi in and inside it) and i have to restart to make it works
    the recording is somehow strange, something about framerate, looks like it's shuttering sometimes
    if i start a recording and exit from hdmi in, everything should happens, from corrupted recorded file, from totally blocked box...
    all is totally almost unusable if you use pip and/or recording...
    no vnc...it's impossible to use a vnc server on the box, i've tried all the vnc server for android and noone works
    if i use the mouse mode...sometimes (often) i can't click on checkboxes, and i have to use a intellimouse explorer to click, after i use it, i can click even with the remote...
    another mouse (this one http://media02.hongkiat.com/creative-unusual-mice/finger_mouse.jpg ) doesnt works at all
    (yes, all updated, all factory reset, many times...)

what a pity...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  2. papiguy

papiguy Member

1 - To use PIP:
    - If zidoo has already been working, select the HDMI input
    - reboot the box
    - open the app you are willing to display together with HDMI In
    - Press on TV
    - where needed set the dimensions and position of the HDMI In window.
    When opening a video file with "Explore" the PIP disappear. To get it again, press on TV

2 - Which version of the firmware are you using ?

3 - What is the target for recording (Do not use the internal card, its capacity being too limited - Avoid using additional SD card over than 32 GB)

4 - The Hongkiat "finger_mouse" is only for Microsoft operating systems, NOT for Android !!! No bugg behind this.
    The mouse (and keyboard) must be Android compatible (I am using a HP mouse and a Samsung keyboard and they work properly).

Don't worry and be patient, it took some weeks for me to get familiar with this box, and I met many "problems", some being due to bad configuration, others buggs having been fixed by successive versions of the firmware.

3. wash

wash New Member

it's not clear, what does press on tv means? you mean the button on remote for pip activation?
    anyway doesn't work

latest

external usb key 16gb

this mouse works on all my others android devices

it's not stable at all, and the lack of vnc is quite disappointing

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

Hi Wash,

Of course "press on TV" does not mean you have to put a finger on the TV screen, but on the button "TV" of the remote. However, sorry if it was not enough precise.

1 - You said "pip doesn't work during hdmi in
    if i press "record" during hdmi in i get a message..."
    PIP does not work while watching HDMI In but when an other app is working such as Explorer. Try again and follow exactly my here-above suggestion.

2 - Which version of the firmware are you using ?
    You said "latest"
    Give the reference please, latest is not clear. Is it v1.03.9 ?

3 -"external usb key 16gb" : USB2 or 3 ? Standard or high speed writing ?

4 -Hongkiat "finger_mouse":
    See this page
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as4&ref_=as_li_ss_til&tag=hongkiatcom-20
    under "product details"
    "Compatible with Windows 95 version B/98/ME/2000/XP/NT and higher".
    The fact that other android devices are working with this mouse is not sufficient. There should be a statement on the "product details" such as "compatible with Android 4.4.2 (the version used by zidoo X9).

5. wash

wash New Member

ahhhhh...ok it's not supposed to work in hdmi-in mode...clear now :)
    but it's still unstable as it works only half of the times, and the mute bug persists

yes, 39

usb 2

[/QUOTE]

it's plug and play...i know that i cannot pretend that has to works but i think that a standard mouse should works as it works in every other android device i've found with otg support, the mouse support in this box is too limited...

but what this box need is just a working vnc server or something to control it from a windows pc

6. papiguy

papiguy Member

For less than 50 USD it is possible to find a wireless mouse much more comfortable than this gadget.

VNC server is available in "Google play", this could solve your problem

7. wash

wash New Member

this mouse just prove that not every mouse could works

and about vnc, i've tried every vnc server that exist but it totally block the box, just a black screen...it's just not supported by this android

i will try some workaround for the pip and so on but i think i will return the box and i will buy a tablet with hdmi out

thank you for your attention

8. papiguy

papiguy Member

That's a pity you cannot use this box. I am currently using 3 Zidoo X9 without facing problem which cannot be solved rather quickly. I can compare this box with another one costing 3 times the price of one zidoo, having not the HDMI In recording feature, and with which I got major issues.

Did you use the "ClearManager" app from time to time to avoid freezing after intensive work ?

9. wash

wash New Member

if i use the box as media player may be ok...but if i want to do something different...
    i can use it like a recorder, ok, but if i press the wrong button it mutes the recording (bug), if i exit from hdmi in it blocks the recording (bug)
    the pip (the only reason i bought this box) works when it wants, so i can't rely in the recording feature, and if i'm doing something different, like nas, i cannot shut down, and if pip doesn't work every time (bug) i can't even rely in the nas and in the recording, i just cannot rely on anithing if i want to do "something else"
    i can use nas (i'm scared to use it so maybe it has bug too)
    i can record
    etc etc, but not all together
    and i can't use another device to control it (no vnc)
    and i'm overlooking about some minor issues found here and there...

it's just in an alpha state, i found these bugs after 5 minutes, it's not working as it should.

it has some good point, but...
    can i hear the hdmi in audio during menus navigation? looks like not, sometimes i can hear it, it's a bug (another)...but if i want to always hear it? (i want to) i can't.
    can i extend ram in the hard disk i want to plug? (not tried)
    i can't even use the worst, standard, plug and play mouse i have, it's just too bugged

the strong points this box has, are messed up. (pip, hdmi recording)
    at least is already rooted...

10. papiguy

papiguy Member

I am about to think you are joking:

- "if i exit from hdmi in it blocks the recording (bug)": If you select an input HDMI In to record, start the recording, and then exit from HDMI In, it is evident that there is nothing to record, then the recording stops, this is not a bugg but a NORMAL feature.

- "i can record
    etc etc, but not all together":
    Recording means encoding and needs a big amount of processor ressources, so you cannot require a simple box to do the same job that a computer costing ten times its price. Why not recording while playing a game and having a movie in PIP ?

- "pip doesn't work every time (bug)": PIP works all the time provided you follow the procedure I gave you.

- "i can't use another device to control it": I mentionned a brand of mouse that works properly.

- "it's not working as it should.": the correct sentence should be "It does not work as I want".

As I have already said, please be a little bit patient, this box needs some time to get familiar with it, and as all other kinds of equipment has its limits.
    I agree with you that the box is not perfect and could be improved, as it has already be improved in less than one year.

May I suggest you to list the features you would like to be added to the box. The Development Team is reading this forum and any suggestions are welcome.

11. gullit

gullit New Member

Hello,

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, while watching TV the PIP button does not work?

Thank You

12. papiguy

papiguy Member

Hello gullit,
    May be it is not clear, and I shall try to explain again using as examples the 3 installations I am using:
    1 - HDMI In connected to a satellite decoder:
    From a fresh boot of the zidoo, select the TV channel, go to the home screen and select the app you want to occupy the entire screen, then press on the "TV" button on the remote. A small window appears within the main one, showing the TV channel.

2 - HDMI in connected to a bluray player:
    Follow the same procedure as above. Select the app to be displayed by the bluray player on the PIP screen (video from a NAS, or internet, or watching a DVD/BR, or TV channel, depending on the possibilities offered by the bluray player), go to the home screen, launch the app which will occupy the entire screen, press the "TV" button of the remote. The small window appears, showing your choice on the bluray player.

3 - HDMI In connected to a TVIP decoder:
    Same procedure. You will obtain a main screen in which is displayed the app selected on the zidoo, and a PIP small window displaying the TVIP decoder.

These 3 installations are working every time starting of the procedure is done from a fresh boot of the zidoo, but in no case when, having launched HDMI In, you press on the "TV" button of the remote (a message is displayed recommending a change in the resolution).