Proposal Frame rate and resolution change behaviour

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Claudiu, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Hi,

I guess almost all of us are a bit annoyed by the frame and resolution change when starting a movie. In my case, even when the frame and resolution of the Zidoo interface is the same as the movie's, it still goes to the phase of adjusting them. Does this happen to everybody? I have an LG 2017 OLED. I would really like, if possible, that if the frame rate and resolution are already the same as the interface (TV set), to not change them.

A plus or a workaround would be to start the movie as is and offer the choice to change frame rate and resolution with the remote, manually, in the menu etc. Sometimes I just want to rapidly check a list of movies and loosing those seconds each and every time I start one, is driving me crazy. I could go with the wrong frame rate or resolution just to check something and if I really want to watch the movie I can change it in the menu without restarting it.

Thank you.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

if we are talking about kodi, there should be a option to delay the refresh rate change. Not sure if it works anymore, but supposedly the TV will stay on 24 Mhz for longer before switching back to 60

3. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Actually I was talking about the Zidoo player, not Kodi.
    I'd add a quick manual option to change resolution and frame rate so the movie can start at current resolution and frame rate, then change it manually if desired.

4. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Shouldn't it be just the opposite - change first, before playback?

The whole point is I don't want my movie to start, then get interrupted by the change of resolution. Why not change first, before playback? Freeze the video at the first frame if necessary, then switch, then continue playback. Once the movie starts, it should not be interrupted.

5. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

I agree with that too.. The point was not to wait the hole day to start a movie.. start, then change resolution, then jump to bookmark etc.. if I want to quickly browse between a few videos, I spend half the time watching at black screens and resolution changes.. But the player probably needs to start the movie to read the resolution and fps.
    Now I guess it also depends on the tv set. I don't know why, on my LG C7 oled it takes a few good seconds to change resolution, so that is annoying as hell. So I just wanted to be able to quickly browse between a few movies and if I wanted to really look at one, to just press a button and nail the resolution and fps.