Formatting internally installed SSD as exFAT or NTFS under v1.2.12 firmware?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Alan Rutlidge, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Just wondering if anyone has reformatted their internally installed NVMe M.2 SSD since updating the firmware of their DMP-A6 to v1.2.12 The reason for asking was I decided to tag all my music files and rather than sorting through which files were tagged and which ones weren't I chose to start with a clean drive.

So in reformatting my drive I chose exFAT option. Everything seemed to proceed as it had on previous occasions but this time the drive became invisible to the DMP-A6. o_O I thought that perhaps I'd made a mistake in the process but still no joy on formatting the drive as exFAT after several attempts. I gave up and tried NTFS and it worked first time. :confused:

2. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

You’re lucky! With the first NVME I received I followed all the installation instructions and got as far as formatting the drive ExFat as recommended and it disappeared. This had been reported elsewhere as a possibility and it should then be removed from the A6 and formatted externally using a computer but because I don’t have an external adapter for that type of SSD I took it to a computer tech to have it formatted. Once fitted in his adapter he connected it to his computer and it appeared on screen as a drive but he could not format it. So it was returned and I soon received a new one. This time I formatted it NTFS and it has been working ever since.

kc001 and Alan Rutlidge like this.