Proposal Forced HDR

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by EHB, Jun 1, 2017.

1. EHB

EHB New Member

I have a TV, which is not officially HDR compatible. It has long however played 10 bit films from USB and streamed them. I have now read that over HDMI they are played if the player has a forced mode.

This makes sense, as the manufacturers explanations never made sense.

Most players do not have a 'forced' setting. As the X10 has an HDMI input I was wondering if it has the option to force 10 bit HDMI output? I would guess that if it were possible someone would have seen it in a menu somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

I didn't get your point.
    You Tv is not officially support HDR, and you hope that a player can force the TV to display it?

3. EHB

EHB New Member

I don't 'hope'. I know. It has the same hardware as TVs with HDR officially supported & some original advertising included it. The manufacturer (Sony) has just made a decision not to turn it on via HDMI. I think they made this decision because the newer models have 12bit HDR & they don't want to confuse people with different standards of HDR. People have already had success using devices with a 'forced' option.

If the X10 has this option it will display 10bit HDR.

Thanks.

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

OK. Got you .
    Can you give a example? ( The player with a 'forced' option)

5. EHB

EHB New Member

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

7. EHB

EHB New Member

That was only an example of a player that definitely worked. It is nothing to do with the cost. That player does loads of other things that are not needed, like letting you adjust the NITS limit, playing high resolution audio, all disc formats, dual HDMI in & out etc.

The only alternative is to go to an electrical shop and look through the menus of everything to find a cheap example.

All I need to know is does the X10 support 'forced' 10 bit or not. If not, then it is fine & most things don't, so my guess is it does not. I just won't consider buying one. End of story. Simple. I just need one fact; yes or no.

8. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Since when is high resolution audio not needed? That is the very thing most people with home theaters care about more than even the UHD support.

9. EHB

EHB New Member

You obviously just want an argument. Go and find someone else to argue with. There is a famous saying about wrestling pigs and it applies to you. I have zero interest in your opinion.

10. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

I was thinking you owned a X10 and considering if we should develop the force function. Since you just want to know yes or no , then no.