Firmware v1.2.12 LAN Connection Disabled

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by teg, Mar 3, 2017.

1. teg

teg New Member

Hi,

Installed the last firmware and have noticed the LAN connection no longer works. I know the ethernet cable is working and plugged in correctly. Wifi does work but I prefer to use a wired connection due to the distance to the router, which is in another room.

The Ethernet connection status is not connected but when I check after a reboot it does appear to get an IP address but I am unable to access external sites or files on my NAS.

Anybody else had the problem?

2. Shallowbit

Shallowbit New Member

I've done some research with my X6, which also suffers from this problem and it seems that the dns is not working for Ethernet connections. You can verify this by setting a static ip address with the settings and using a terminal ping google.com while also pinging one of googles ip addresses. 8.8.4.4 or level3.com and 4.2.2.3 . The domain names will not ping but the ip addresses will ping just fine.

If someone from zidoo would contact me. I would be happy to help work this out. I've also tried alternate dns's in the ip config and it still doesn't work. I need a fix for the X6 pro so ...

Try to contact them or maybe there is a more proper place to report bugs?

3. teg

teg New Member

The issue on my X9S seems to have resolved itself. I added in my local WiFi details, even though I have removed the antennae as I find them ghastly to look at. I used WiFi temporarily for a session, then the next day switched the WiFi off and the LAN connection seemed to return back to life and has been working correctly since.

4. Shallowbit

Shallowbit New Member

I've also managed to work around the issues with the Ethernet. I'm guessing these are custom drivers because they are causing a flood from my DNS servers. I had to turn off food protecting on my router to get it working. Maybe the developers should be using native android drivers for their hardware?

Isn't that the lesson here? No shortcuts?

There's so much cost cutting here I doubt it will get fixed but just in case anyone else has issues, here's a potential fix.