Feature Request for X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by xerxes, May 7, 2017.

1. xerxes

xerxes New Member

I could not find a dedicated thread for requesting Features and I would like to request a feature to select a Spin down time for a USB attached HDD this is to prevent drives from over heating but should not unmount the drive. If also possible please offer the option to safely eject an attached USB drive

2. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

You already can safely eject, open the media explorer and press left on the navigation pad when you have you drive highlighted. Pretty sure you can do it from within Android settings somewhere too.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sleep/spin down is hdd firmware related, needs to be set once on PC using dedicated software, usually from the HDD manufacturer, i don't think this function will be on android any time soon.

4. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

You can set HDD sleep time in Windows so I dont see why you can't in Android.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Because android was not designed to work with spinning hdd's. There are no tools for HDD, any tool. You can hardly find one on windows that is not vendor specific to access a HDD firmware. If you want the setting now. Windows is the only way. By the time android chaces up. HDDs will probably be a thing of the past.

6. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

Fair enough on Android, did not think about that, but on Windows 7 you dont need any special software, you can change it in the Power Options in control panel. If you can do it on 7 I'm fairly sure 8 and 10 can too. Seems odd that Android would leave such a feature out, but yes I understand they only do phones, TV and tablets.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I think the setting under powermanagement is controlled by windows. The setting in talking about edits the HDD firmware setting. If you move the HDD to any platform after that it will spin down and enter standby if not in use.