Feature request: Automatic DAC switching based on source - UHD3000 / UHD5000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by tc2007, Aug 4, 2023.

1. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I really like the UHD3000 DAC. It is exceptional quality comparable to much more expensive DACs. However there are a few issues / overlooked features that I would like to bring into attention of the Zidoo engineers so as to get a fix if possible.

• There is no Optical / Coaxial inputs to the DAC. I don't understand why in the world they could have missed such a basic feature. Even the cheapest DACs have these.
    • I have to manually enable the DAC / HDMI audio out. Even within the DAC, I have to manually choose internal source vs USB. This is a pain. It should automatically switch the settings based on the usage. For example.
    • When watching the video, the default audio out should be HDMI. Users can override the setting to internal DAC source.
    • When listening to the music player app / DLNA sources the setting should automatically switch to internal DAC source.
    • When a USB device is attached to the USB input and starts playing, the settings should automatically switch to the USB input source of the DAC.
    Also a big feature request is to enable Optical / Coaxial outputs of the device to convert them to input sources to the infernal DAC. Is this physically possible even? if so a firmware update should be able to add this feature.