Eversolo Does not see USB DAC

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Michael Bezaire, Aug 13, 2023.

1. Michael Bezaire

Michael Bezaire New Member

Hello,

recently purchased the Eversolo DMP A6 regular version with the intent to use it as a streamer only. The Eversolo does not see my exasound E62 Dac via output port, it says USB audio device not detected. I’ve tried several different settings, USB cables and different power up scenarios. I’m guessing this has to do with drivers?
    Thanks for your help.

Mike

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  2. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

If it is directly from your DMP-A6 to your dac, then it should be without a driver

atomic garden likes this.
  3. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Possible to connect DMP-A6 via COAX or Toslink to your DAC? I take mine also only as a streamer to my RME ADI-2 DAC FS and did it with COAX because I wanted to have the USB for remote my DAC via PC.
    I tested out and compared all digital outputs. There is no difference in sound qualitiy for my ears and all works well. 20230808_211122.jpg 20230808_211055.jpg 20230808_211136.jpg 20230808_211212.jpg

Miki222 likes this.
  4. Michael Bezaire

it is working with coax. I usually upsample everything to DSD 256. Exasound DACs are known for excellent sound quality through usb using DSD. The coax doesn’t sound as good as the usb. If there isn’t a fix for this then I hate to say Eversolo will have to go back.

5. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I personaly think different with upsampling...
    What could upsampling do? Something that isn`t there in the file can not be heard. I think it`s snake oil.

6. Michael Bezaire

Upsampling or not, I have 700 DSD albums that don’t play through coax and Exasounds usb implementation sounds better than coax. Maybe I’m in the wrong section of the forum, was hoping someone from zidoo might chime in. Luckily I have a good relationship with my dealer so I’ll be bringing back the Eversolo, and will revert back to my usb fibre connection.

7. Nickdig1

Nickdig1 New Member

Hey there I'm having the same issue with my Chord Qutest thought the USB output. No one seems to have the answers. If you go to the other thread they have been talking about adding drivers to support native DSD playback since June, but I haven't seen any updates. I'm up against my 30 day return period so I need to decide what to do

8. Michael Bezaire

I received no word from zidoo either. Exasound did respond in a timely manner and explained it is indeed the drivers. I returned my Eversolo and have continued to use my fiber usb setup. Was bummed out, as the Eversolo is a sweet unit.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Just my 2c on it:
    you guys should begin to stop believing old-school BS. There is no such a thing as "coax sounds better than USB" nowadays. USB has more, a lot more bandwidth than coax or optical SPDIF.
    It can do also amazing jitter-correction.
    There is no better option. Maybe IIS can compete, but differences, if any, should be soooooo tiny.
    IMO, SPDIF inputs should be there only for compatibility with very old gear. USB rules them out, no matter you audiophool wrong belief.

Glerup71 likes this.
  10. Michael Bezaire

Are you referring to MisterL? Because I did indeed say USB sounded better in almost every one of my posts.

11. Nickdig1

Nickdig1 New Member

Thanks for your Reply Michael what streamer are you using with the USB fiber

12. R Howell

R Howell New Member

Michael, there is a very cheap way around this problem. SMSL make a very cheap Digital to Digital Convertor (PO100) that I bought whenmy DAC was not recognised correctly. Maybe a bit late for you.

13. Burki

Burki Member

There isn't a need for a DDC, because SPDIF out from the A6 also supports DOP, which also the exaSound e62 accepts.
    But in here you're limited to DSD64 and Mike wants for the e62 (I've a e68) DSD256 (DSD512 would be better).
    ExaSound itself has developed also for Linux a driver for their DACs (used in their own streamer, which supports DSD256 for multichannel and DSD512 for stereo), but it's closed source.
    The best solution for handling the e62 is (my experience) to use HQPlayer, let here upsample to DSD512 and transfer the output to a NAA client installed on a Windows MiniPC with the exaSound ASIO drivers.
    The eversolo DMP-A6 makes in such a chain no sense.

14. John Lysaker

John Lysaker New Member

I also have a Chord Qutest that is not being recognized via USB. Is there a plan to address this? It seems a natural pairing for people lacking mega bucks.

15. Houdini

Houdini Member

Same here, I did not know these requests were being made since June, please add the DSD support for this DAC.

16. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

People lacking megabucks do not buy a streamer+dac, just to use another dac instead...
    You guys need to think: there is a streamer that has an inbuilt dac. If you want to use an external dac, then this is totally up to you, but do not, under any circumstances, pretend a device with a DAC to be born with the main idea of having its dac discarded as the main reason to be bought.
    That is: you can expect your specific dac to be added to the compatibility list, but do not wee like chicken in a pan if it does not right now; as it is not the main purpose of an all-in-one streamer. I think it is understandable, right?
    Like, I mean, buying an integrated McIntosh, and then using its pre-amp outs to use an external McIntosh power amp... I think I gave the idea.

17. Houdini

Houdini Member

Your comment is laughable, offensive and rude, A6 has the capability out of the box to be used either way. It's been 5 months since requests are made, you are making much ado about nothing. The moment you say things like "...this is totally up to you, but do not..." all your credibility goes out the window.

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Listen very carefully, my friend: the A6 is a DAC. It has been stated nowhere that it will be compatible with all the DACs out there in the wild.
    Moreover, requests and comments such as "It's been 5 months since requests are made" made you incompetent and rude.
    If you want a streamer and/or a DDC, go buy one.
    The A6 is a streamer, that happens to support external DACs. Not all of them. If one day it will support them all, then good, but until that day, try not to be impatient, because nothing is due, except what stated in the release notes.
    No, I am not an Eversolo affiliate or developer of any kind; I am just pissed of the arrogance in the feature requests.

19. Houdini

Houdini Member

You just reinforced my post that yours is laughable, rude and offensive by continuing the same way, being rude and offensive. I am not your friend, as I don't fraternize with passive aggressive pompous know-it-alls, why don't you go yell at a cloud.

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Fair enough. You seem to not understand, and keep with your egoistic request.
    As I said, I am not rude. Probably the fact that I don't agree with your requests makes me so.
    Anyway, keep waiting until the A6 will support the Chord Qutest, or whatever other model; if you're lucky it will happen in a few weeks.