Eversolo App - Has anyone noticed it doesn't work without internet connectivity?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Alan Rutlidge, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Just noticed this with the Eversolo app on Android devices. If your internet connection to your router that you have your DMP-A6 and your device you're running your Eversolo Controller app on loses internet connectivity the app crashes? Surely this must be a bug in the software of the app? DMP-A6 firmware version 1.1.80. Android app version 1.10.96

I have successfully pinged the DMP-A6 and the tablet I'm using and both have connectivity with the router so I'm convinced neither of these devices is disconnected from the network. So I tried connecting my smartphone that's also connected to the same LAN and with which the app previously worked perfectly but no joy.

So here's a question for the eversolo support team. Why does the eversolo controller app and the DMP-A6 require internet connectivity if I'm not accessing any content from the internet and the two devices have been previously working well together with an internet connection? Are either of these devices /apps "spying" on my music content or listening habits / music choices / time of day I'm listening, etc?

There is no mention in the user handbook that either device requires internet connectivity of the app to work with the DMP-A6 except they have to be on the same LAN of which both devices are connected.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    MultiStream likes this.
  2. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

There is a new version on both Android and IOS starting this weekend.
    (V 1.11.05)

3. Dusty

Dusty Member

What? There is no new version of the app in any store. Which weekend? 7-8 of October?

4. kc001

kc001 Active Member

5. Dusty

Dusty Member

Not on iOS. The version in the App Store is 1.0.58.

6. kc001

kc001 Active Member

buy an Android :D

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The version in the App Store is indeed what you mention, but it also states it was released 1w ago; so the versions may not be the same, due to development differences, but I believe they carry both the same functionality / improvements / updates / etc.

Dusty likes this.
  8. Dusty

Dusty Member

I understand. Thanks!

9. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Joke asside, @Nutul is right:

upload_2023-10-5_17-54-43.png

Nutul likes this.