Eversolo A6 should we disable wifi when using ethernet

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Charles C, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Charles C

Charles C New Member

Dear All,

There is an option to disable wifi. Do you disable wifi if you are on ethernet. Will this be better to reduce heat / interference on the A6?

just a thought!

thanks
    Charles C

Miki222, Peter Wallop and Trebz like this.
  2. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

The A6 manual suggests you turn off wi-fi if you are using ethernet or the reverse.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  3. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

I had completely missed that - thanks.

4. Imaodoloro

Imaodoloro Member

Where can I deactivate Ethernet? I can't find it
    Thanks

5. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I guess you mean Wifi.

‘Settings’ / ‘Network’ / ‘Wifi’

IMG_0217.jpeg

6. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

On the screen of A6: Settings - Network - wifi - on/off

7. Imaodoloro

Imaodoloro Member

I'm connected to WiFi and want to turn off Ethernet

8. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Pull the cable and it`s turned off. The network card can not be turned of on software or hardwar side. There is only connected or not connected.

Stopeter44 and Jone1973 like this.
  9. Imaodoloro

Imaodoloro Member

I understand that if no cable is plugged in, it is automatically turned off, so I don't have to do anything, thanks

10. Christopher Harvey

Christopher Harvey New Member

have noticed some popping and crackling noise coming from the streamer in my left speaker. I have analysed my entire system, changed sources (phono,cd) it is coming from the eversolo. I have even swapped out the streamer with a bluesound node n130 (no crackling/popping). would having the wifi on while using ethernet cause this?

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

a) it should not make any difference
    b) usually, if you do not use an interface, it should be OFF, so since you are on cable ethernet, turn the wi-fi OFF.

12. Christopher Harvey

I turned it off, just to be sure. Still no idea why the eversolo is popping/crackling. did a factory reset to see if is firmware, or software. I have about 12 days left on my 30 day return policy.

13. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

did you change the cables left/right to see if this popping and crackling moves to the other side? May be cables or plugs problem?

14. Christopher Harvey

yes. I moved the cables from left to right on the amp, swapped out the amp for another. tried different speakers. all the same issue. I turn the source to phono, dvd, cd and the popping goes away. popping only with the eversolo. I even hooked up my old bluesound node n130, no popping. I did a reset on the eversolo, still popping.
    Absolutely no idea.

15. Christopher Harvey

to test my theory, i moved the eversolo into another room with a different hifi setup. the popping and crackling is still happening. I can only conclude that there is something wrong with the unit.

16. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

After that, I would agree with your conclusion. Think this is a case of waranty.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.