Emby Media Server (on Z10 Pro) review and recommendation -for Plex like experience-

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by muha, Aug 19, 2021.

1. muha

muha Active Member

I noticed plenty of questions about Plex Media Server on Zidoo devices, and you will definitely hit the wall trying to figure out how to install it. I personally chose Z10 Pro to runaway from Plex and I use simple SMB server share on it. I have installed Brave browser, LibreTorrent & FolderSynce apps, 4Tb WD Red in bay and 2Tb on USB3 for backups.
    Out of the pure boredom I checked out Emby Media Server and to my surprise it fits Z10Pro like a glove.
    You can download app directly from the website https://emby.media/server-android.html
    Easy to install and I would recommend setting server over a laptop or tablet, but I used remote with fly mouse and keyboard to set it up. Bit slower but no problemo.
    In user settings you can turn off transcoding and file deletion. DLNA looks and works better (subs/separated groups of movies/share) than ZDMC (Kodi). Also any other android device with Emby app gives you full experience. Additionally you don't need no Premium or basic registration to use it within your home network.
    So for those who are looking to install Plex Media Server, I say don't waste your time and go with Emby.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    FrostByte likes this.