DVD image (as folder containing AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) won't play

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by RasterEyes, Mar 1, 2024.

1. RasterEyes

RasterEyes Member

At first I'd tried using an .ISO image file and playing that. The Zidoo opened the image (after a long pause), but the display of the DVD's menu was rasterized looking, as if it were at half resolution, and I couldn't navigate the menu -- arrow keys and the OK button were ignored.

(For what it's worth, the DVD content was Part 1 of the LotR-FotR Appendices - a very straight-forward disc that boots straight to a simple menu.)

VLC can play this ISO image without any problem.

I read a post that said the Zidoo considers ISO files to be Blu-rays, not DVDs, and that I should use a folder containing AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders instead.

I've tried that just now, and the only improvement I got was that the odd, low-res rasterized appearance went away. Nothing worked any better.

Once again, VLC has no problem playing this folder.

Yes, I can use MakeMKV to rip individual tracks (and I have done so), but some of the features of this disc, like image galleries and multi-angle playback, don't work well via that method.

upload_2024-3-1_14-54-46.png