Dual HDMI audio output media player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stratos_K, May 1, 2022.

1. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

In the end I decided to go all the way and got myself an HD-Fury VRROOM since I wanted to have VRR for my PS5 also.

Amazing device. And I finally solved the audio sync problems I had when I was using my Exofield headphones through the eARC port of the A90J. It has been a year of problems that got solved with the VRROOM.

rozel likes this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Very simply, do you know what the VRROOM does additional to the other 2 HD Fury devices we've been chatting about please?

3. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I don't know if there are other differences but the major one is that the VRROOM supports HDMI 2.1 with VRR and HFR up to 40Gbps of signals. Both the Vertex and Integral are HDMI 2.0 devices with max of 18Gbps.

I wanted to have VRR also for my PS5 so this was my only chance to get it to work with my setup.

rozel likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you, much appreciated

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

So you decided to go for VRROOM instead of our loving Vertex2. Congrats, it's a much powerful and updated device for a bit more of money!!

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yep - £500 vs £400 for Vertex2 and £110 for Integral - you make your choice and pay your money. If I had kids and/or played games etc on a PS5, then yes, I'd go for the VRROOM.

7. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

The discontinued AVRKey (some sellers may still have stock, cheaper than the new units) works very well with a Zidoo to split the HDMI signal and allow DV video to TV + TrueHD/DTS-X to an older AVR (without 4K passthrough).

8. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I was going to go for the Vertex2 but when I saw that vrroom has HDMI 2.1 and vrr I said, hell. Why not? Since I have a ps5 and I could use its vrr then go all the way. And with it being HDMI 2.1 I will surely be future proof for many years to come.

The device is really powerful. It is a bit hard for anyone with no experience with a HD-Fury device before but after a while you get the basics. Finally I have solved all my problems with it. I have and Dolby Vision and VRR (since my A90J cannot do both on the same port) and can choose if I want speakers sound, headphones sound or both and also finally I have no audio delay from my JVC Exofield headphones that I had previously connected through eARC and the audio delay was extremely frustrating. Add to that each time I had to enter the audio menu of the A90J to enable audio sync to make things a bit better but I had to disable it after every single time due to control delay on the PS5 controller!!!!

It was a real mess. Yes, hefty price indeed. But finally I can enjoy my system the way I was imagining it when I first made it.

rozel likes this.