DMP A8 on eversolo amp f2 ( XLR interference )

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Stephen Batty, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Stephen Batty

Stephen Batty New Member

Running two amp f2s bridged from my A8, if the XLR cables are within 2 inch of any power cable I get a load crack on boot up and shut down. If this happens the amps do not have audio until they are manually turned off and back on again, positioning XLR cables out of the way gets rid of this problem, but my question is, should the interference cause such a bad effect? Literally causing such a loud crack and putting the amps into what appears to be some sort of protection mode? I'm using chord clearway XLRs they weren't cheap and never had this issue on anything else with these cables.

Anyone had similar problems? If you're running XLRs on a F2 can you put it a couple of inches away from a power cable and see if the amp shuts down.. curious as to wether my amps are faulty or it's normal.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. benma

benma Member

You should always power on your amps after A8's booting is finished and you should always turn off your amps before turning off your A8.

watson96 likes this.
  3. Stephen Batty

Stephen Batty New Member

Yes this makes absolutely no difference to what I'm describing. They are now on the remote triggers from the A8.

4. Stephen Batty

Stephen Batty New Member

Sorted, seems the A8 F2 combo doesn't like chord clearway XLRs. Three sets and same results..
    Stuck a cheaper balanced XLR in and all ok ‍♂️