DMP-A8 firmware

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Daniel N, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Daniel N

Daniel N New Member

What was the original firmware when the A8 was launched? I'm reading that the new firmware release was not that interesting and read in a post that earlier firmware versions were better sounding. What I'm getting at is, if I do a factory reset, will this set the device to the original firmware that was installed at release of the A8?

2. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I believe that will be correct, back to factory state I.e. the firmware originally loaded when the A8 was dispatched.

3. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Factory reset does not change firmware version.

It deletes your library and settings you have changed.

It does not even log you out of your streaming services, so if you want to sell your box, remember to log out of your streaming services…

4. Daniel N

Daniel N New Member

Well, that sucks, like I was reading the thread on new firmware updates are not so much better than earlier versions. I quess they will come up with a decent firmware update, probably when the A9 comes out, ha,ha, which will probably be next week, just kidding.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It sounds weird to me that a firmware update might change the sound quality...
    Maybe the firmware updates brought in the replay-gain and somehow that is now active...? Check it, and eventually to turn it off. Or PEQ / DSP?

6. Saman Edirisinghe

Saman Edirisinghe New Member

@Nutul
    My comments on the bellow thread referring to the drop in sound quality with: replay gain off, and never gone with DSP or PEQ. Please check my comment on this thread, if you haven't seen it so far. Would love to have comments of a tech savvy member like you. Cheers.

Sam

Please check the thread in this forum:

New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release