DMP-A7

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by THXjay, Feb 28, 2024.

1. THXjay

THXjay Member

I know the A6 has only been out for under a year but I can only afford to buy this once and would hate to see a replacement just after purchasing an A6.

What is the likelyhood of EverSolo (if you're listening) releasing an A7 in the next few months? It seems that most things get yearly updates these days so maybe around May if it's in the works.

....if you're listening (reading) maybe a headphone socket and more usb inputs for hard drives. Maybe even a matching hard drive caddy / headphone amp unit :)

Miki222 likes this.
  2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

In case you missed it, there is already an A8 out there...

3. THXjay

THXjay Member

The A8 is too expensive, besides the A6 does the same stuff just not as good audio!

The A6 is really as much as I can spend and just don't want to buy it now and see an A7 be released, probably with a headphone socket knowing my luck.

4. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

They are both identical in terms of sound quality, check out the A-6’s measurements on ASR.
    Keith

5. Spizz

Spizz Member

The A8 misses one of the feature I love about the A6. Native MultiChannel DSD output via HDMI without conversion to PCM.

6. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Just because the A6 & A8 measure very much the same, it doesn't say much about the sound quality, they are built up of two different dac chips (Ess Sabre & AKM) each with their own sound signature, and what about the analog part they are also differently structured
    The hifi world is just not that black and white, so measurements can't tell everything about how a hifi product will sound

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  7. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Can't not can. I wouldn't be so petty but that mistake counteracts the meaning of your post.

8. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Measurements entirely characterise a piece of electrical equipment.
    For a component to sound ‘different’ it has to have added audible distortion and this would be clearly evident in measurements taken at the components outputs.
    Keith

SeeTeeShock likes this.
  9. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

You are right my fault :)

10. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

np :)