DMP-A6 connection problem with Zixel Nas

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by gmorisn, Apr 16, 2024.

1. gmorisn

gmorisn New Member

Hallo Everybody!
    I need a little help, please.
    As an owner of a STD DMP-A6, I find It a very good built machine and a full of funcionalities streamer.
    I usually stream from an USB attached SSD wich contains almost all my music files. So no configuration problems at all.
    But......
    A week ago, I tried to connect (wifi and wire connection with the same results) the DMP-A6 to my old, but still perfectly working, nas Zixel NSA325-V2 running only SMB v.1 protocol.
    The Eversolo sees the nas on my network, only under SMB, but no matter what I try, I can't explore nas directories or scan the music database.
    Under menu FILES, the error message is "unknown error".
    Under menu MUSIC, the error message is "incorrect user name or password".
    I also have a RPI running Volumio and I didn't had connection problems with my nas, forcing manual connection and using fixed IP+shared directory+cifs type of share+user-id+password+vers=1.0.
    Someone has experienced the same problem and was able to solve it?
    Thank You in advance for Your help.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

That is probably because you NAS is on SMB v1.0 that is deprecated (maybe also discouraged nowadays), and Android surely doesn't support it.

3. gmorisn

gmorisn New Member

Maybe You're right. I thought the same in the beginning.
    On the other side, my android smartphone has no problem dialoguing with my nas, and my android TV box does the same through Kodi or simple File Manager + apk.
    So...... Android can, sometimes, utilize SMB v1.0.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Sic.
    Kodi is a different story, as it is a Linux box, and there you can do almost everything, like using the SMB v1.0 protocol.
    The Android TV may intentionally support v1,0. A file manager (if it is worth its name) should support v1.0 IMHO.

Being the Android on the A6 (and A8...) a stripped down, rooted, customized version of an Android (12? no big difference) probably the v1.0 was never included - as I said, it is very old, has security (who cares, actually, but this is it...) issues, is declared obsolete... No SW updates for your NAS, BTW?

5. gmorisn

gmorisn New Member

Of course, I agree with You in every single aspect You pointed out. And, due to the age of Zyxel NSA-325, no further SW updates are available.
    Only I wonder if Zidoo could add to the software of the DMP-A6 an option to manually activate the SMB v.1 protocol if strictly necessary, as is in my case.
    But I have no idea, how mucho complicated it could be.........