DMP-A6 album cover assignment

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Pedro van der Werf, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Pedro van der Werf

Pedro van der Werf New Member

I have many SACD-ISO files arranged by artist in folders. So there can be many files in one artist folder. The name of the album cover file is the same as the ISO file. My Oppo UDP203 player makes a correct assignment for the cover file. However the Eversolo A6 Master Edition assigns the first cover file (jpg) to all the albums (iso files) in a folder.
    I know how to change the album cover manually, but this is too time consuming and too complex.
    Would be great to have the automatic assignment like with the Oppo player.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

At the moment, as you see, this applies on a per-folder basis.
    If you put every ISO + image in their own folder it will work.

3. Pedro van der Werf

Pedro van der Werf New Member

I understand. This would be 'months of work' with 3TB of ISO file and over the 'air' backup....
    Would be great if there would be more flexibility. I also selected matching mode Network data and local data but this didn't solve the problem....

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I agree, but there's the possibility of letting the computer do all the hard work. That would require some shell script knowledge on your side though, and a Linux box (rather than a Windows one, say)...
    Then a command in the likes would do it (needs move_to_folder.sh to be thought and written, but the concept is this):

find . -iname = "*.iso" -exec move_to_folder.sh "{}" \;