DAC Z-8 using RCA and XLR together

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Xie, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Xie

Xie New Member

About to purchase DAC Z-8 for the new standing in the kitchen cooking streaming setup, however I am having trouble trying to get a positive answer on the following.
    The Z-8 will be supplied source via digital coax from a node n130 and from the tv via optical. I will be using the XLR output into a custom Hypex NC500 based power amplifier.
    Question being if I decide to use the RCA output at the same time to run a line level feed into an active subwoofer, Will this lower the output level of the XLR output down to that of the RCA ?

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

No, it will not. Anyway, that wasn't hard to try...
    Remember, though, that both RCA and XLR are dependent on the volume control of the Z8; so for LINE level you need the volume on the Z8 to be at 0dB. This will, of course, affect both analog outputs.

atomic garden and Glerup71 like this.
  3. zzeitg

zzeitg New Member

Different question here... If I set XLR+RCA (both to be active), but one of the connected devices is not ON, is there any risk for the equipment? Is it better to switch the DAC-Z8 to either XLR or RCA in this case?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

There should be no problem; I, though, would never play into no load. For those situations I think it's better to have ON only the output with a load.
    It's also one-touch-easy from the app.