customizing launch screen?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by bigpoppapaul, Apr 7, 2016.

1. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find anything on it.

On the stock Zidoo launcher, is there any way to customize the apps? I'm asking not about the bottom row, but the 3 icons that lead to Media Center, ZDMC and Browser? I'd like to change those, is there any way to do that?

Also, what are people's experiences with ZDMC vs SPMC on the Zidoo?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

1. No
    2. After my very brief tests, in my very very very limited environment, I don't see real difference. For me both have the same little problems, but please don't ask me any more, I think it depends on my environment (very specific)
      Other users will surely have more experience than me and may answer you, anyway your question is too generic...

3. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

hi @bigpoppapaul - nice to have you here :)

some people here asked zidoo if we can change the launch screen by ourself - so i did
    what a pitty i saw until now no answer to this in different threads - sorry to tell you

i am testing in parallel use ZDMC (16.0.2) and SPMC (actual 16.2.0)
    the changes are in "limited use" not to see, but with specific files SPMC has big problems, because the chip which is in X6 is not official supported as as far as i know this will not be in near future

and on my system (and some others as well) in installed SPMC there are problems with fonts in SPMC-Desktop - this problem is under check by koying (actual programmer of SPMC) and will hopefully solved

4. grummel2005

5. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@PacoRabanne Thank you for your reply. Can you elaborate on what those problems are? I'm just curious.

@grummel2005 Thanks for replying. Yes, I know koying no longer has specific rockchip support in SPMC, which is too bad. What kinds of files did you find SPMC has a big problems with?

6. grummel2005

i did some testfiles on both and SPMC hat stuttering problems on different - cannot say which in special
    there is another thread i think where some infos are in

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Some of the ones already reported on this forum.
    This is why I suggest to ask to other users, or do the huge but gratifying job of reading all related posts (yes, I know, I'm sadist!!!) :cool:

8. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we will think about it, maybe we can add a function to chang the default icon in the home page.
    the new launcher is being designed.

9. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@spring Thank you for replying, I would love if we could change the default icons, and also the background picture. I really like the Zidoo launcher and don't want to change it to another launcher.

grummel2005 likes this.
  10. grummel2005