Crash!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Witchdoctorgaz, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Witchdoctorgaz

Witchdoctorgaz New Member

Any attempt to open Chrome or the browser and actually use them results in the player becoming unresponsive. Anyone else suffering this?
    It's not a great start.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

on what firmware are you on ? No crashes here, try a system reset or even a reflash+update again.

3. Witchdoctorgaz

Done. Could have been the program Mobdro I installed this afternoon, I've removed it and reflashed/updated. So far so good.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i also tested mobdro some while back, did not have problems from it

5. Witchdoctorgaz

So, had the X10 playing a hd movie and it was very good. I left the Zidoo on after the movie, went back to it a after a couple of hours and tried to play some music with the inbuilt app.
    Crashed again.
    I can't remember the last time I purchased a modern electronic device that was so problematic. Surely it should work straight out of the box with no issues?
    I'm glad I've still got my Nexbox A1, it is actually reliable.

6. Witchdoctorgaz

It's still crashing, just tried to sign in to my Google account and the X10 has frozen.
    Reflashing doesn't work (it doesn't do anything!) and this Zidoo is just a reasonably expensive brick.
    Honestly it's just rubbish.
    I can't power it off using the remote, the only option is flicking the power off switch.
    It's totally unusable.

7. Witchdoctorgaz

Well I downloaded and installed the latest beta firmware and it's working perfectly so far.
    It's such a cool little box when it works!
    Must have shipped out with corrupted firmware I think.