Corrupted internal Hard disk

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Ivusking, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Ivusking

Ivusking New Member

After a couple months of use, my NTFS 8TB WDRed drive was corrupted. It went back to RAW. That is a bummer as I lost some latest added files.

My Z2000 was booting but after a minute it went back to stand by, not completely by the way. I thought at first that the device was broken, but after removing the internal HDD it worked again. Now trying to rescue as much as possible and start copying files again from back ups.

That said, what could be the cause? I now do not have much confidence in the device. I still have a popcorn hour A400 for many years with an internal HDD, never any problems. The Z2000 was intended to replace the popcorn hour.

I have seen other posts about problems about which file format to choose and firmware related problems. So the main question is what is wisdom and sustainable? Internal, external or staying on NAS and use the Z2000 as player only and not also as storage device